Pausing listings not sending to drafts

Is there a way to pause listings immediately except those with bids. I need to stop for a week or two possibly a month. Australia post has completely become unreliable. I have sent items interstate within a day states delivered. items I have bought are marked as received in another state. The ability to keep track of orders has become more than a job. This is creating unnecessary work and you can't talk to a human, Australia posts wait time has blown out, ebay don't want to know you . SO the best measure is to pause. till things turn around. 

I know listings can go to drafts but that is limited in number. any advice would be appreciated

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Pausing listings not sending to drafts

I checked some of my WA orders and have gone from around 12 days down to 10 days time frame. Although I cant explain why one has gone to Parkes NSW but then I don't deliver parcels for a living.

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

I checked some of my WA orders and have gone from around 12 days down to 10 days time frame. Although I cant explain why one has gone to Parkes NSW but then I don't deliver parcels for a living.

Maybe it was hoping to attend the Elvis festival? Normally it's in January, but due to Covid and other circumstances, it's in April this year. Probably good for the Elvis's as their makeup won't be running off their faces like it does in 45C January, maybe not so good for your parcel.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

I know the rail closure from SA to Wa created a massive backlog.  Had an item shipped to  WA that was delayed over a month.  Buyer claimed INR,  case was extended as item showed delayed, item was then delivered, and as a matter of goodwill ebay still refunded the buyer out of their pocket.  No defects or cost to me as I had met my shipping obligations and tracking showed item sent within 24hr handling time.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

As a seller, why do you feel a need to micromanage deliveries?

As a buyer, why do you consider AP delivery times to be relevant to selling?

I sell half my items as large letters, untracked. The other half go as parcels. I have no idea what tracked items show as delivered, nor do I care.

I certainly wouldn't spend any time on micromanaging things out of my control.

Maybe your complaint is more about YOUR OCD, rather than real life.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

I have been sending parcels to WA for the last 5 years. This year in the last month or so I have had 2 registered letters go via Parkes too. This has never happened before but if I had to guess I would say it's probably got something to do with surface mail going to WA via train. With that aside aside, I currently have 1 outstanding registered letter in transit to WA. Posted it on March 14, went to Parkes, then it arrived a week later in Welshpool WA. It has been sitting dormant there in Welshpool for the last week. So far it is 2 weeks total from Sydney to Perth and more delays to come.

Just a message to receivers, don't blame us. I post either the same day or next business day and once Australia Post takes possession of it, it is then up to them.  I always warn people on every sale that standard registered post takes up to 2 weeks (might have to extend this now) and that they can choose express post for extra. 98% of buyers will not pay extra for express post. 

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

bmanly3
Community Member

When I go on holidays I don't want any listings up while I am away. So what I do is just click end item and it becomes listed in the unsold items folder.

When I come back from holidays I just go to each item, click and open it and then click sell similar item, it keeps all the original photos and lists as a new item exactly the same as before. Whilst it isn't being really paused, it is almost the same as being paused and there is only minor extra input to get the items up and running again.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply