PayPal question

Hi Folks, asking on behalf of a mate. He decided to create a new selling account to make use of extra free listings. He linked it to his main account to increase the selling limit.

When he was creating some listings, he got to the payment section and it asked in the PayPal bit to enter the PayPal email address. Does he just put in the email address from his main account, which is his registered PayPal email, or does he have to somehow register the email address for the new account and put that in? I had no idea of the answer, hence why I am asking you knowledgeable peoples!

Ta muchly!

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: PayPal question

Thanks Narelle and Lyndal!!! I've sent him a screenshot of this thread, but it sounds to me like it might be all set up OK. I guess he'll find out when his bidders go to pay. He wasn't expecting his items to be bid on so quickly, especially on a 0 feedback account.

I think his bid on items finish in 4 days, so if there are any issues, I'm sure I'll hear about it!!

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

Looks like you have it sorted without me.Smiley Wink  

If there are bids on the items he cannot change anything in the listing anyway and as far as I am aware that includes payment details.

If the payments do not end up in his paypal account he can ring paypal and get it sorted out over the phone.  I have always found paypal easy to deal with if there are any worries at all.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

Nooooo lyndal don't go! i be drinking Woodstock while listing & had my tomfool of a son carrying on about a weird locust in a bug catcher distarcting me while i answered.I could very well be wrong(i hope not) & am not to be relied upon under any circumstance with most details Cat LOL

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

Narelle, I'm not going anywhere....I just think you have it covered.

I only know from the point of view of a buyer...neither of my accounts are selling accounts.

I just followed all the prompts and the first time I made a paypal payment for a purchase on the new ID it coughed and spluttered a bit and I thouigh there was something wrong but it eventually went through and I have had no problems since.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

You can use any Paypal email address in the payment section, it doesn't have to be one that is connected to ebay neither does it have to be a different one.  If you have more than one email address linked to Paypal then many of the notification emails will go to your primarey registered email address which is why I find it easier to use the same email address for payments on all three selling ids.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

ThankS PJ! I'll pass that on. He's really stressing out about it as more of his items have been bid on. Hopefully that should put his mind at ease now.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply