PayPal's 21 Day Hold on YOUR Money

I have started a facebook page for people to voice their concerns on this issue. Everyone is welcome to join, even if you aren't personally affected. The aim is to go BIG, to try and get this decision overturned for established sellers who create a new selling account.

While I support the decision for genuine new sellers, to try and slow the 0 and low feedback scammers, it shouldn't affect established sellers who have already proven themselves. As it stands, established sellers are being treated like they are untrustworthy.

Feel free to add the link to any other groups you frequent, to get the word out. If we get the numbers, it might get picked up by the media and PayPal forced to overturn this decision.

Click Here to Join

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Well done!!! I cannot join as I refuse to have anything to do with FaceBook, but kudos to you! Have you also thought of starting a petition on Change.org or something?

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

I have started a facebook page for people to voice their concerns on this issue. Everyone is welcome to join, even if you aren't personally affected. The aim is to go BIG, to try and get this decision overturned for established sellers who create a new selling account.

While I support the decision for genuine new sellers, to try and slow the 0 and low feedback scammers, it shouldn't affect established sellers who have already proven themselves. As it stands, established sellers are being treated like they are untrustworthy.

Feel free to add the link to any other groups you frequent, to get the word out. If we get the numbers, it might get picked up by the media and PayPal forced to overturn this decision.

Click Here to Join

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

I'm knockin on the door!  Lemme in Sheep!

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

The door is wide open!!! Come on inside 😄

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

@expanded_perceptions wrote:

Well done!!! I cannot join as I refuse to have anything to do with FaceBook, but kudos to you! Have you also thought of starting a petition on Change.org or something?

Sadly, people only ever hear the bad stuff about Facebook and yes, there is a lot of bad stuff, but it also has a lot of good points too. People have used it to petition, and succeeded. Missing kids (and adults) have been located and reunited with their family. Crimes have been solved that may not have been solved otherwise. People have established successful online businesses, just to name a few. These days, it's more than just being flooded with photos of cats!

I think a Change petition is a great idea. If you want to start one, I'd be more than happy to put it on the new Facebook group for members to find easily. I think we need all the help we can get with this one, so any other suggestions for places to be heard, suggest away!

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Unfortunately I also have nothing to do with facebook, I spend enough time looking at a screen without my social life revolving around it also LOL

On a positive I just finished a series of phone calls with PayPal who were also holding all my non eBay monies. After some tooing a froing and various calls and emails ALL my monies have been released including eBay money on hold. However I was then rung by PayPal to tell me it was a mistake and my eBay monies should not have been released. In future I will still be subject to the new seller polices.  Go Figure !!!!

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

That's great news that they released your non eBay monies. Have you lodged a complaint with the FOS? I'm assuming that the eBay funds being held are from another new selling account than this one? Seriously, if you haven't done it, lodge a complaint. So far, members are finding it works and we are hoping PayPal will get sick of having to fork out $1,500 everytime someone lodges a complaint.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Like your work sheep.

But keep in mind to a certain degree it's up to you if you want it before 21 days.

Based on your postage method and information you provide us, funds that are temporarily placed on hold should be available:

• 7 days after your latest estimated delivery date when you manually upload tracking information ormark the item as posted in My eBay.
  • 21 days after your buyer pays if you don't upload tracking and you don't mark your item as sent in My eBay.
image host
Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Like your work sheep.

But keep in mind to a certain degree it's up to you if you want it before 21 days.

Based on your postage method and information you provide us, funds that are temporarily placed on hold should be available:

• 7 days after your latest estimated delivery date when you manually upload tracking information ormark the item as posted in My eBay.
  • 21 days after your buyer pays if you don't upload tracking and you don't mark your item as sent in My eBay.

A lot of the problem was Kopes, they weren't sticking to that part of the agreement. Even when tracking said it was delivered 2 weeks before, they were still not releasing funds, regardless of how many messages they received.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

I see, press on then. 

In that case to not honour what is written in their own terms is a big no-no.

No wonder you are getting some results with the ombudsman.

I will predict they will either amend their terms or fix the problem, a lot of thanks to you and your diligent perserverance.

Smiley Wink

image host
Message 10 of 15
Latest reply