Payment Being Held????? Recommendations for Other Venues?

So now Ebay are withholding money.... I have to send a $300 dolar item to a customer without receiving a dollar for it untill 21 days later. Does anyone in Ebay actually have a clue what they are doing? Do they have any business experience at all?
Would like to know if anyone can recommend any alternative selling venues - thinking it's about time to abandon ship here.

Message 1 of 124
Latest reply
123 REPLIES 123

Re: Payment Being Held????? Recommendations for Other Venues?

It is a terrible new policy, part of the Money Back Guarantee.

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/funds-availability

If you upload tracking info or mark the item as sent in your My eBay you should be able to get the funds earlier than 21 days.

Just had a look at your listings. Love the dinosaur! Do you have any reindeer?

Message 2 of 124
Latest reply

Have a look at etsy and madeit for alternative venues.

Message 3 of 124
Latest reply

If you are a new seller then ebays/paypals trust policy kicks in as ebay/paypal doesn't trust you yet.

Message 4 of 124
Latest reply

If ebay/Paypal don't trust you.....Why should us sellers trust them ?

Both are shifting the goal post with their unreal policies.

Basically they both don't care.

Message 5 of 124
Latest reply

Thanks.
My husband just got given the run around with them on the phone, there doesn't seem to be any way around the 21 days unless you have 25 feedbacks. Our other account is currently sitting on 17, not everyone leaves feedback, but that doesn't seem to matter to them, nor does it matter if you offer local pick up, you are somehow expected to provide a tracking number regardless...... really loving the Ebay experiece......

And yes, I have reindeer 🙂

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/331393864782?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
or
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/331393874579?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Message 6 of 124
Latest reply

Thanks, I already sell on Etsy (and they only charge 3.5%), I started on Ebay to try ad get more Aussie sales, as most of my Etsy sales go to America. My big problem is our other store - selling swords and martial arts gear, we just sold a $300 sword that we have to pack up and send away without having a dollar in hand for it..... this is ridiculous!

Message 7 of 124
Latest reply

Did you upload tracking information?

Message 8 of 124
Latest reply

Because we have less than 25 feedbacks, they will not release the money untill 21 days, even with tracking info. Many of our sales from our other store are local pick ups, which they actually argued with us about untill the record numbers for our last few transactions were quoted and they grudgingly admitted we were right.... still made no difference to their response.

Message 9 of 124
Latest reply

I have three words for that... but I can't type them here.... so you'll have to decipher it ... F*** THAT S***!!!!!

Message 10 of 124
Latest reply