Payment by eBay to seller for sales

HI everybody, I'm asking for information because eBay itself it un-contactable by any normal means, they do not reply to emails & have no known phone number.

I was one of the original (first week) sellers on eBay USA before they went to AU accounts & I logged up good sales & good reputation (feedback). It's now nearly 30 odd years since I started & I've been inactive for over 10.

Recently I re-activated my seller account to sell off some quite pricey items.

I have let my paypal account as a seller lapse & as it was originally registered in USA they now want me to jump through impossible hoops to re-establish the seller function.

When I re-activated my seller account with eBay (not this name) I gave my updated bank account supposedly to forward my funds for sales into but any references from the "help" files on eBay regarding banking is about them debiting the account for their fees, there is nothing about how they pay me for my successful sales. Can anybody on here who is a regular seller tell me how they get paid out & how long is the payment process? Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Payment by eBay to seller for sales

In general, once you make a sale now, all the fees will be debited upfront and the nett balance will be sent to your bank account. The only additional debits you should incur is if you pay for a shop subscription, secondary sub-titles, or listing promos.

Since you haven't sold for a while, funds will be held for approx 30 days, but you must ship off to buyer within your handling time so you don't incur a defect. 

In your seller hub, there is a Payments tab, and you can see all the transactions and fees. There is also a "Payout Setting", where you can set your frequency - weekly, monthly etc.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: Payment by eBay to seller for sales

If you are selling high priced items, and they are over $750, you need to send with Signature On Delivery. Please come back to the forums if anything seems "off" - there are lots of buyers who know how to trick the system and get their stuff for free. Anything high priced is a magnet for scammers, so don't list anything you can't afford to lose.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply