Payment holds? **bleep**

Okay so, I have started selling things I no longer need such as virtual accounts and such,

I have only sold 1 thing so far, about to sell my second but I was wondering why it took 18 days for the money to clear in my PayPal account? 

I mean, am I supposed to send the item before/after the money clears, 

Do I file a complaint it took so long?

does the splitting of eBay and PayPal affect this?

how can i reduce the holding period?

thanks,

A Dis-gruntled eBay seller.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Payment holds? **bleep**

Because you are a new seller your funds are held for 21 days to give you time to "prove yourself" as a seller.  You can try uploading tracking information to eBay when you send the item, this is supposed to result in the funds being released quicker, but I wouldn't count on it.  You cannot hold off on sending the item, firstly that is unfair to your buyer who has paid and has a right to expect prompt despatch, and secondly the funds will not be released until they are confident the buyer has received their item and is happy. 

If you have sold before, or have another ID in good standing you can try ringing Paypal and asking them to remove the hold, and as a last resort you can threaten to call the Financial Ombudsman, this has been known to work.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: Payment holds? **bleep**

Complain to the Australian Financial Service Ombudsmann.

http://www.fos.org.au/

What Ebay and PayPal are doing is illegal under Australian Consumer Law.

Financial companies are not allowed to place a hold/freeze on funds unless there is proof of fraud.

The Ombudsmann will get the holds lifted for good  and help banish this illegal and immoral practice.

I believe PayPal and Ebay get charged $1,500 each time the Ombudsman gets involved so it is really in Ebays and PayPals best interests to stop this practice as more buyer and sellers are aware of this illegal activity.

This type of practice is legal in America under their user agreement, however this is Australia and that **bleep** doesn't fly/stick here.

Hope you get it sorted but don't expect PayPal or Ebay to help you, they just give you the run around and tell you conflicting things.......go straight to the ombusmann and hit them where it hurts, they pay attention to that and that only.

HTH 🙂

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply