Payment holds on second shop

I've just re-opened an old account that I haven't used for a many years. I'm on the new MP system, so that's all fine.

I know that funds are held for 21+ days until delivery is confirmed, but could someone advise if do they do this for the first x number of transactions, or x number of months? Is there a benchmark figure whereby these limits fall away or is it arbitrary?

Items will still be posted, but I'm just trying to get an idea of what cash flow issues are going to be like for the next while.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Jelly, it used to be the case that if you had an existing account you could call CS and they would put the new account on the same standing as the original one. I have no idea if that has changed with MP, but probably worth a call to CS anyway.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I went through a similar process starting July 1. Opened a new selling account for a not for profit. We where on the 21 day hold for 3 months and research at the time indicated this was the normal period but it was also based on defects, posting times, uploading tracking info and feedback ratings.

Padi's comment about linking the account to an existing one was also mentioned by a CS rep at the time, but I declined as ebay are very sensitive about Charity accounts and the new ID was shut down more than once due to the potential scam risk of a not for profit account. Had it been linked it would have taken my selling accounts down with it.

Fortunately I think we are finally starting to get the bugs worked out on that account and four months in its operating very well with  30 day sales of close to $ 1.5K for 2 - 3 hours work per week. I started a thread at the time which was to detail the timelines and processes of getting a new selling account moving, but it seems no-one was interested so I didnt bother continuing with it.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Thank you both.

I had the first sale today and can see the funds are on hold until delivery.

I there's not much I can do other than go with the flow and hopefully at the end of this period (whatever it might be) there will be a nice lump sum waiting for deposit.

I did consider contacting CS about linking the 2 accounts, but I think I am better off keeping them apart in case something goes pear shaped.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Our funds where released soon after tracking showed the item was delivered, so that might be a good way to get the money sooner. 

I will send you a PM with some other info that may help.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

eBay seem to be really tuffing up on this :

Sellers are considered to have a limited selling history and therefore subject to holding of funds until ALL three conditions are met:

• It's been more than 90 days since your first successful sale
  • You have more than 25 sales transactions
  • You have more than $250 in total sales

But as padi said, I would contact eBay CS and see if they can lift the restriction.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks @kat

Appreciate the info!

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply