Payment initiated but no completed.

We have had several "so called" sales lately where people have committed to purchase but money doesn't come thru and the sale just sits there with a "payment initiated" status against it. Trouble is, in eBay's eyes this constitutes a sale and includes all the final valuation fees even though there has been no physical transfer of money to the seller! This is a total scam that is ripping money out of a lot of unsuspecting sellers!!!
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I assume it is the new ebay management payments - ebay hold your money for a few days - there are several threads about it already.   If  you receive an email saying "your item sold and has been paid for" you are expected to post the item.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Have they paid by eCheque through Paypal?

They do generally clear eventually, and the payment status changes when that happens.
Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

I assume it is the new ebay management payments - ebay hold your money for a few days - there are several threads about it already.   If  you receive an email saying "your item sold and has been paid for" you are expected to post the item.

I doubt it curra, the OP's selling coins which are on the MP exclusion list.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Oh sorry, I didn't know that.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Here you go curra :-

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/selling-policies/managed-payments-restricted-items-policy?id=5...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

No the email says the item is sold but when I look at it in my summary it is tagged as "payment initiated". I dont, and probably best that I didnt, agree to post the item once I receive that email because the oldest of those items is now 14 days old, no payment in my PayPal account and no resposes to my request emails to them. I would have been well and truly duped had I sent the item... 

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

No the email says the item is sold but when I look at it in my summary it is tagged as "payment initiated". I dont, and probably best that I didnt, agree to post the item once I receive that email because the oldest of those items is now 14 days old, no payment in my PayPal account and no resposes to my request emails to them. I would have been well and truly duped had I sent the item... 

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Have ya got the option to send it to an unpaid item???

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

line of thinking here is rise an unpaided claim to flag it to ebay 

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply