Payment refunded

Hi there,

I received an offer which I accepted. Payment was made via PayPal, then refunded? I have no idea why. PayPal have not been helpful. I have tried contacting the buyer but eBay won't allow it. eBay states 'waiting for payment'. It's been 4 days so I tried to open an 'unpaid item case'...but in that section eBay states that it has been paid and I cannot lodge the case...and to contact the buyer. My messages still won't send. I could cancel the order but can't state the actual reason for this. Does that matter? I just want to relist as I had other watchers. Thanks for your help
Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Payment refunded

If your other Paypal payments have gone through OK then possibly the buyer has used an E-cheque so the payment could take a while to process, which will show as "item partially paid".

Which of the $ symbols below is shown ?

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply. It says on PayPal activity 'payment was refunded'
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

All other transactions have been fine
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

The buyer can cancel the Paypal payment but only has a very limited time to do it in, you "should" be able to open a UPI dispute but you may well have to wait for a while before being able to do that :-

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

It happened to us a few times last year.

When we contacted the buyers they didn't initiate the cancellation ad and knew nothing about it.

Most of their payments were fine the second time, but it took one very patient buyer 4 goes before Paypal stopped refunding.

As we had co-operative buyers, and it only happened a few times, we didn't contact Paypal, although a couple of the buyers did and apparently didn't get an answer as to why.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Interesting... I am not able to contact them via eBay messages, it keeps saying an error has occured try again later. I just assumed they had blocked me to avoid explaining? Appreciate it. Customer has also not contacted me re tracking number etc.
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

The payment was made immediately, and the refund given pretty quickly after. Strangest part is that the buyer sent an offer so you'd think they were pretty keen. Not sure how to proceed given I can't contact the buyer and eBay won't accept unpaid item case.
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks for the responses. I have just cancelled the sale...don't see any other alternative. Cheers ๐Ÿ˜
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@wide-world-of-stamps wrote:

It happened to us a few times last year.

When we contacted the buyers they didn't initiate the cancellation ad and knew nothing about it.

Most of their payments were fine the second time, but it took one very patient buyer 4 goes before Paypal stopped refunding.

As we had co-operative buyers, and it only happened a few times, we didn't contact Paypal, although a couple of the buyers did and apparently didn't get an answer as to why.

Wow really? That's shocking

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply