Payout on hold

oldguit
Community Member

After 20yrs of positive feedback and no disputes as a seller, my payouts are on hold with no explanation. Is it possible to talk to a human at eBay in Australia?

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Payout on hold

Hi, there.   don't care if you read it or not,  the answer has been explained,  you had a break from selling, so are deemed to be a new seller, so holds on funds apply.   Same rules apply to all sellers. 

Even if not deemed a new seller, any unusual  changes in sales, can also trigger payment holds.

It would also appear you had problems,  with a  $2500 sale and despite your false +FB,  the item still shows as sold, as such ebay fees are still payable (too late to cancel now)

No one here or at ebay, care less if you take your sales elsewhere, and actually, as you don't seem to know/understand or wish to follow the rules, it is probably best you take your items down and turn off the light on your way out.

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

I'm not sure what all the defensive ad hominem replies are about. The $2500  sale was cancelled by me as per ebay policy when buyer refused to reply, or pay. Nothing else I could do.   

Not all feedback is in for the last weeks as I like people to be happy with their purchase before we finalise.  Some buyers just dont leave feedback.

I've averaged one sale every 10 days for the last 90 days with a median price of just over $600 AUD per item. 

I'll defer to your wisdom that a $600 sale, every 10 days, average, for 90 days is inconsistent enough to put me on payment hold. Doesn't seem inconsistent to me and I cant find any guidelines that specify what  ebay categorises as inconsistent. The hold was put on the last sale in that period, not the first, which seems weird. Ebay must have an  equation for inconsistent selling. You guys obviously know.  Please share, so I can follow the rules. 

I'll defer to your wisdom that a $600 sale every 10 days is incosistent enough to warrant payment hold. (Ebay wont tell me)       I was concerned that something had happened, that I hadn't been told about.         With all due respect to those who replied, I was trying to find out how to get a specific answer from Ebay about my  specific case. I was not asking anyone to give me an interpretation of the rules.  I read all the stuff you have quoted, before I posted. It lists a range of reasons. I wanted to know which specific one, and Im having difficulty getting that specific answer from eBay.

My apologies to those of you who are so triggered. You obviously have a lot of  emotional investment in this forum, your businesses, and in eBay, and it's where you find some identity. Understandable. I've felt pretty protective about my businesses and employees in the past. I don't feel like that about ebay. For me, its just a convenient, if annoying, way to move excess stuff.  I shall, indeed, close the door on my way  out. I have an appointnent with a beach and sunshine. 

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

If you do want to talk to an ebay representative all you have to is go to your seller hub, click on the order, go to transactions, and on right of screen is there is a phone icon, select ebay to call you and done.

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

That  $2500  sale  stills shows as valid sale, not cancelled.  So fees would still apply and therein could lie the answer.

Did you have a break from selling of three months or so.

The $2500 sale  also appears out of kilter with your normal trading, and that in itself is enough to trigger payment holds.  Add the fact that it appears the transaction was not completed, is further reason for concern.

unfortunately we are not privy as to why the sale  is still showing, when you claim the item was not paid for.

Wondering if there was some confusion between unpaid and funds on hold.

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

I've found live chat to be pretty good. Back in the 2000s the customer service was really really weak, but I've been quite impressed with get things sorted via live chat. Maybe used it 10 times over the last couple of years.

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

The 2500 sale says 'cancelled' on my site as it has from the monent I cancelled it, as instructed by ebay. I was not charged any fees. I've finally spoken to a customer rep who could not find any reason for the payment being on hold.. They said I'd be called back with an explanation. Never happened. 

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

Finally got through to a custo.er service person. They were very pleasant , but could not give me any reason for the hold.

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

BTW, Ive done lots of sales in tge 2k - 6k range without issue. 

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

But not recently, and it is only your recent sales metrics that count.

Anyway good to see , you think you have solved your own problem, just a pity you still dont know what the problem and hence the solution is.

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

Live chat is useless, no humans there, just idiots.

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply