Payout on hold

oldguit
Community Member

After 20yrs of positive feedback and no disputes as a seller, my payouts are on hold with no explanation. Is it possible to talk to a human at eBay in Australia?

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Payout on hold

The 2500 sale says 'cancelled' on my site as it has from the monent I cancelled it, as instructed by ebay. I was not charged any fees. I've finally spoken to a customer rep who could not find any reason for the payment being on hold.. They said I'd be called back with an explanation. Never happened. 

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

Payout on hold

BTW, Ive done lots of sales in tge 2k - 6k range without issue. 

View solution in original post

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Payout on hold

have a read here:

Payments on hold | eBay

as for talking to a human.....the only avenue is typing via 'live chat' through HELP (at top of page)....good luck with that.....you will get more help here on the boards

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Payout on hold

I just get automated responses that dont relate to my question.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Payout on hold

Type... talk to agent

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Payout on hold

The explanation is almost certainly that eBay consider you a new/intermittent seller.

As such holds will be in place until such time as you prove yourself to be reliable in this iteration of your selling journey. If you sell few items regularly, you will probably have holds for a long time.

You have 5 feedback for selling in the last six months. That will be unlikely to make eBay consider you to be a regular seller.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Payout on hold

I've been selling and buying for 20yrs and done many single transactions of several thousands of dollars. I've had several breaks before. Never had a prob. It's weird this would suddenly happen over $39. I'm worried that I'm being scammed by a  buyer or something. I just want a reason. 

i

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Payout on hold

Read the replies - you've been given reasons.

Also read the link you were given at post #2

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=481...

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Payout on hold

@oldguit wrote:

I've been selling and buying for 20yrs and done many single transactions of several thousands of dollars. I've had several breaks before. Never had a prob. It's weird this would suddenly happen over $39. I'm worried that I'm being scammed by a  buyer or something. I just want a reason. 

It doesn't matter how long you have been selling, what you have been selling or the cost of your recent sale.

All that seems to matter, from what I can gather, is how regularly you have been selling.

So I think Davewil is right and it is because you are an intermittent seller.

This hold on funds is a topic that pops up regularly on these boards and as I said in another thread, I don't think that ebay really sets out the information about it as clearly or prominently as they could.

You're not being scammed by a buyer. You're not being scammed by ebay either. I guess you have a choice. You can either set out to list more things quite regularly, so that you build up a reputation with ebay as a constant seller. When that happens, the hold on funds will disappear.

Or you can just keep on listing as it suits you, but in that case, just be prepared to wait for the funds. They should  usually come through within a month, from what I have read, but if you want to sell something worth thousands, remember that you will need to supply the goods as soon as they are paid for, so be wary if that would cause difficulty.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Payout on hold

You have been given the reason

I am sorry you don't like the answers, but other members are only going to give you factual replies

It does not matter how long ago you joined ebay

Buying has nothing to do with anything, after '20 years' (sic) you would be well aware buyers can only get positive feedback so it is meaningless

What matters is selling

And the same rules apply to you as everyone else

Don't try to pin it on a scammer buyer

You ticked you agreed to the terms when you started selling

eBay consider you a new/infrequent seller

Which your feedback shows you 100% are 

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Payout on hold

I said "selling and buying" (sic).  My concern was that this has never happened before. Here's the Ebay explanation-

, 'for example, if there's an open case or dispute on a transaction, if your buyer reports a problem with the order, if your account is restricted or suspended, if you owe eBay money, or if you're a new or infrequent seller. If a hold was placed on your funds, we'll notify you by email and, depending on the reason, may request additional information from you to help resolve the issue.' 

* Most of the reasons listed imply seller fault

* Ebay make no quantative measure (AFAIK) that determines what 'infrequent' means.

* " If a hold was placed on your funds, we'll notify you by email" That hasn't happened and I cant get an explanation.

I dont care about waiting an extra couple of weeks for $39. Not the point. I do care that I've had no explanation for why. I was about to list another  $10k AUD of vintage musical equip, but until ebay can assure me that there is no complaint or judgement against me, that I'm unaware of, I'll wait.  Actually, I'll go to Reverb. No need for any more replies from other members, and thankyou to those who did.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply