Paypal/Ebay Legacy Issues

shedshite
Community Member

This morning I received yet another email thru Ebay about the forth coming break up with Paypal. This email was to let me know that Ebay has a Corporate agreement in place with Paypal so as to be able to withdraw funds from my paypal account when and where they want. What with Paypal also having the same type of agreement in place with myself as a user it makes it possible for Ebay to directly manipulate any funds either in my Paypal account or any account I have linked to it. Which means not only my credit cards but my private bank account. This is very worrying. Seven months ago I opted out of Ebay retailing due to the STUPID new seller rules, now I am going to have to opt out of Paypal due to their Legacy issues with Ebay. I will now be opting into Eway as my preferred payment provider who do not have the Corporate Legacy issues with ebay and I know they will defend my accounts from access at all levels. The matters I have raised in the above should be taken very seriously by all Ebay users and Traders. With Regards to all. Norm

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

my suggestion to you is open a savings account only for ebay. Don't have any credit cards linked to it or if you need to (to make purchases) have a visa debit and only keep 20-50 dollars on it. If you are a seller once your paypal account gets $100 or $150 dollars in it transfer it your your ebay account once it's in there transfer it over to your normal accounts. this way there is minimal money ebay and paypal have access to.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

I agree with harley....you are cutting off your nose if you go to another payment system.

I doubt that many sellers will accept it if they have never heard of it and most buyers will not use it unless it is one of ebay's safe payment methods.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply