Paypal cashing in with extra charges.

I havent sold much latetly and sort of ignore paypal and ebay notices about changes in user agreements.

So was amazed recently when we sold something and transfered it from paypal to my bank account,

noticing an estimated 3 day timeframe and an option for instant that came with a 1% fee...

I did notice that last month or 2 but the transfers to bank account were within a few hours

using the free option but now maybe they are doing the slow transfer thing and making

you pay for faster withdrawals....

Is this how it works now.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Paypal cashing in with extra charges.

yep - two options - instant incurs a fee

wait a day,no fee.

no biggie

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Banks have been offering this charge for faster service for as long as I can remember - when we were all still dealing with cheques you could get them in your account faster for an extra charge. Paypal is a financial institution and can add charges as they see fit after notifying their customers.

How it works, or is supposed to, is that when you are dealing with important sites like financial sites you read the details in user agreements and changes you are notified about. This helps you avoid surprises and keep on top of potential problems.

Latest reply

I use the slow transfer option and the money is normally in my bank account within 4hours (assuming it's within normal bank business hours)

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

It's like paying extra for Express Post to a rural destination and it gets there the same time as the Standard postage...

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply