Paypal funds being held 778 Rating account with 100% positive feedback

It has come to my attention that eBay and Paypal are now holding the funds from my recent sales until they deem that I am a trustworthy seller.

My account has 100% positive feedback and my rating is 778. I must also point out that although I haven't sold much recently, over the years I've sucessfully sold over 100 items.

Whoever dreamt up this policy needs to give their head a wobble. I could understand applying this for new accounts but this is a joke!!!

Think I'll start using Gumtree as my first choice from now on.
Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I suggest you relax and make a very strong drink ๐Ÿน run a nice hot bath ๐Ÿ›€ better still invite a friend to join you๐Ÿ‘™and if you're then still thinking about paypal, consult me for further advice ๐Ÿ˜‰

View solution in original post

Message 19 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

imastawka
Honored Contributor

If you sent them with tracking, then as soon as tracking shows delivered, phone Paypal

and they will release your funds.

Otherwise, feedback helps.....or you've got a 21 day hold.

It's for all infrequent sellers, and you haven't sold anything for over a year.

They're just making sure your account has not been hijacked for scam sales - it happens.

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

They are causing an inconvenience for long term decent members. If they have an issue with hijacking or dodgy sellers then isolate those instead of making a dumb rule for the rest. Wouldn't be almost as bad if they only kept the item cost and released the postage but no they keep the lot meaning the seller must pay postage out their own pockets. It a dumb rule imho
Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

And how do you suggest they isolate the 'hacked' accounts?

It's only apparent it's a hijacked account when the red dots come rolling in.

Once you have been selling on a regular basis, then the hold won't apply.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/pending-payments?id=...

Payment holds for new sellers

If you're a new seller who hasn't established a selling record yet, we might put payments from your buyers on hold. Generally, the funds will be available either:

• 7 days after the estimated delivery date, or
  • 1 day after confirmed delivery
  • If no tracking is used, we'll do a check for positive feedback after 4 days (to allow sufficient time for the item to be delivered). If positive feedback has been received, you should get the funds within 24 hours. Note: This check is only carried out if no tracking is uploaded. Best practice is to upload tracking so you can receive the funds 1 day after confirmed delivery

If the buyer reports a problem with the transaction, we'll place another hold until the issue has been resolved.

You'll become an established seller after:

• It's been more than 90 days since your first successful sale
  • You've had more than 25 transactions and $250 in sales

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

My friend had to wait 3 WEEKS for a sale's funds to be released! It was her first sale ever, though she's been a buyer (not frequently) since 2006 and has 100% positive feedback of 80-something.
Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

@kitty-kat-kollection wrote:
My friend had to wait 3 WEEKS for a sale's funds to be released! It was her first sale ever, though she's been a buyer (not frequently) since 2006 and has 100% positive feedback of 80-something.

Given you've written it in caps, do you think 3 weeks is more than 21 days?

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

I've sold over 100 items on eBay, I have a 100% postive feedback rating and my score is 778. Tell me again, what legal right do Ebay have to tell Paypal to withhold MY money for an item that I have sold, even after the buyer has taken receipt of it.
eBay is supposed to be a marketplace that accommodates trade between individuals. For them to instruct Paypal to withhold funds is BS. Paypal still charge their fee and eBay still charge their final value fee. WHAT A JOKE!!
I don't care how they deal with rogue accounts, that's their problem not mine. They make enough money!! Paypal will be making a nice chunk of change holding onto other peoples money for 3 weeks now too
Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

Wonder what will happen if I refuse to pay the final value fee?
Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

@ringo110879 wrote:

Tell me again, what legal right do Ebay have to tell Paypal to withhold MY money for an item that I have sold, even after the buyer has taken receipt of it.

"Wonder what will happen if I refuse to pay the final value fee?"

You agreed to their policy of a 21 day hold on your money as a "new" seller, as said before if you can show by tracking/feedback that the item has been delivered you can phone Paypal and your money will be released.

For the second part, if you refuse to pay the FVF's then eBay will close your selling account.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

New seller? Did you not read my last message? Sold over 100 items over 15 years...

Paypal have just released my first payment. 5-6 WORKING DAYS AND I'LL HAVE IT. JOKE
Message 10 of 22
Latest reply