Paypal funds being held 778 Rating account with 100% positive feedback

It has come to my attention that eBay and Paypal are now holding the funds from my recent sales until they deem that I am a trustworthy seller.

My account has 100% positive feedback and my rating is 778. I must also point out that although I haven't sold much recently, over the years I've sucessfully sold over 100 items.

Whoever dreamt up this policy needs to give their head a wobble. I could understand applying this for new accounts but this is a joke!!!

Think I'll start using Gumtree as my first choice from now on.
Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Paypal funds being held 778 Rating account with 100% positive feedback

@ringo110879 wrote:
New seller? Did you not read my last message? Sold over 100 items over 15 years...

Paypal have just released my first payment. 5-6 WORKING DAYS AND I'LL HAVE IT. JOKE

But you've sold nothing for over a year.

That puts you back in the new seller category, I'm afraid.

Please read all the information you have been given on this thread.

Message 11 of 22
Latest reply

When I download money from paypal it says 3-5 days but if I do it before early afternoon it is usually in my account next day.

Message 12 of 22
Latest reply

Oops. I misread that as 2 days. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Message 13 of 22
Latest reply

Don't do that as ebay will send a debt collector around - you will have issues ever being able to secure a loan etc and have a black mark on your name with the credit authority for 5-7 years - also forget being able to get a security clearance if you need it for a job if this happens, ebay and their lawyers/debt collectors have endless pockets and will destroy you utterly

Message 14 of 22
Latest reply

I'm surprised someone hasn't lawyered up to contest this stupid rule before now. They're illegally telling to Paypal to withhold people money and forcing selling to pay for shipping.
Message 15 of 22
Latest reply

Put yourself in ebay's shoes.

Their biggest problem in the past, the thing that turned off buyers in droves, was the fear that sellers would just take off into the sunset with the money. I was a victim of that and the seller was someone with years of successful sporadic selling under her belt. Then just after I bought, paying into her bank account because she told me her paypal was playing up, there was an absolute deluge of negs and she was off ebay.

With the advent of paypal though, it's ebay that would cop the loss if a seller came on, sold a heap, then instantly withdrew the money and took off.

That's why there is a 21 day hold, to give them some sort of window of opportunity to stop any short term scammers.

It's not as if they keep the money forever & I think there are ways to get hold of it earlier if you can prove delivery etc.

It's not a foolproof system but it probably helps to limit some damage.

There is one way ebay could overcome an awful lot of problems and conflicts and it would be if they set up a sort of Amazon structure, where they took control of stock & delivery. If that happened, I think casual sellers or occasional sellers would have to go elsewhere so be careful what you wish for.

Message 16 of 22
Latest reply

I think you'll find a big issue was eBay buyer protection policy. There are no end of horror stories on the internet about honest buyers sending anything from watches to mobile phones to sellers to then say the box was empty or the item damaged. eBay ALWAYS take the buyers side in this event.

It is what it is. They're not about to change the policy on my behalf. I would however still say for someone with track record it's beyond ridiculous. Perhaps an idea would be for them to at least release the postage amount immediately and hold the rest. Even that I disagree with and I still doubt the legality of their policy..
Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

Sellers....
Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

I suggest you relax and make a very strong drink ๐Ÿน run a nice hot bath ๐Ÿ›€ better still invite a friend to join you๐Ÿ‘™and if you're then still thinking about paypal, consult me for further advice ๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 19 of 22
Latest reply

Fair dinkum.... ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 20 of 22
Latest reply