Pending funds-date unavailable and nothing in paypal??

bnew0112
Community Member

I sold an item on ebay for $500 and the buyer paid but when I checked my paypal account there was nothing there?? There was no transaction, no pending funds or anything. Just other transactions that were already completed months ago and had nothing to do with this one. I checked on ebay and under the 'sold' section where the item is there is a message:

"Your funds will be available on: Unavailable". The message said the date which the funds were going to be available was unavailable? I even checked my emails and ebay nor paypal hasn't sent me anything. In the past the funds would ususally pop up as pending in my paypal accound but not this time?

Now I'm having trouble whether I should post the item because obviously the buyer's going to want the item now. Will the funds eventually show up or is there some kind of technical issue?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Pending funds-date unavailable and nothing in paypal??

Ring paypal and clarify before sending.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

bnew0112
Community Member

It's all good now. The funds have just popped up as pending on my paypal account now. I think it was just slow to show up on my paypal.

Thanks for replying

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Just to add, if the sale was on a newish seller account (I don't see a sale on this account fpr $500.00) then you will have a 21 day hold on funds or until the item can be shown as delivered with +ve feedback from the buyer.

However you should not hold the item for that period of time and should post it when the payment is cleared in Paypal.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply