People can earn flybuys points from purchasing of ebay.

So what do people think of the fact people can now earn flybuys points from buying items from ebay.

Do you think this is a good thing? Do you think this will increase your sales?

Here's the link: https://flybuyseshops.com.au/department-stores/ebay-australia-

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: People can earn flybuys points from purchasing of ebay.

Flybuys using a Coles Mastercard can be worth 1-1ยฝ percent of your spend in value terms. So the price you pay for any item has to be competitive and if overseas transaction charges apply, the benefit value is wiped out. The small print T n Cs are very important as quite often its just a legalised scam and you gain NOTHING....imo

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

There's no such thing as a free lunch as the saying goes.

We just use our flybuys card at outlets that accept it for our day-to-day stuff and clock up the points that way.

Just recently I converted my points into $$$ and it paid for our weekly grocery trolley at Coles.

But that took me about 2-years to clock up those points. I think it was $10 per 2,000 points.

My credit card is 100% fee free and I never go into interest at all so yes you need to read the fine print because you might end up paying more for the points than their face value in fees & interest etc. My credit card has its own separate points system too independent of flybuys. So about every two years on that we can get a $500 Myer card to use from those points. We try to time it for a Xmas so we get something from Santa. LOL

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

You only get Flybuy points on the sale value of the product - NOT on postage/freight costs - despite Ebay charging fees and attempting to justify that charge, on the postage/freight.

If it's good eough to charge fees on-  then  why isn't it good enough to pass on a few meagre Flybuy points on postage/freight?

Perhaps we should all hit the Flybuys Facebook page with this question?

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

You can also earn Qantas points and Velocity rewards by using ebay as well ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

Is this spam????? Nothing found on either flybuys or ebay
Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

It is there, apparently.

Although I doubt the responses on this 3 YEAR old thread are current today.

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

Not spam.....as I have said on 2 other current threads.

I had the offer in my Flybuys account and I joined from there rather than through the email.  It was just 2 clicks of the mouse to complete the joinup.

IMO it is not a very good offer....you only get 1 point for every $2 spent and you wait about 4 weeks for the points to appear but as it costs nothing I thought there was no harm done if I got very few points.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply