Photo shop software

Can anyone give me direction on good photo software. 

My computer died the other day and some things cannot be retrieved. I was using fantastic photo software but cannot remember what brand and it is probably obsolete now as  I had ised it for many years. 

I have download several and am not impressed with any off them so suggestions would be welcome. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Photo shop software

@black*poppy wrote:

But you have to use Photoshop if you want to do stuff like wipe out backgrounds and that sort of fancy stuff.  Photoshop doesn't batch process.

Yes it does. File>Automate>Batch (that is the sequence in CS2)

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

So you can copy all the same adjustments across different photos? That would be cool
Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Yes, or you can select only certain adjustments to be applied to other images. For example, I'll shoot a bunch of products one after the other, get the exposure, colour, white balance etc right on the first image, and only copy these adjustments to the other products images - cropping, angle correction, dust-spot removal are usually specific to each image, so I don't copy these adjustments.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Sorry, black*poppy I think I didn't read back far enough - I was referring to Lightroom, I think you were asking about Photoshop, so please disregard my reply if so.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 14 of 14
Latest reply