Please Raise Your Voice to Stop Blood Sucking Fees on Postage Cost

Respected All ebay sellers, Please Raise Your Voice to Stop Blood Sucking Fees on Postage Cost - I want to draw your kind attention to ebay's wrong policy which push us to pay more fees to them. It was started in May-2014 they implemented fees on postage cost which is 8.5%, before they were charging fees only on item cost, which is al-right, but postage cost is not the profit making thing so, how can they charge fees on it. I want to give the reason for it, they want to double the profit by this simple act for example - I sell most items for A$ 8.00 - before May-14, I was paying fees 8.5% for that cost only, I didn't have any problem for it, but when they started to charge fees on postage cost I have to pay fees 8.5% for postage cost which is A$ 7.45 for regular and A$ 10.20 for express , (means sometimes it is more that item fees, on express post service .) I charge actual postage cost to buyers for parcels, so, how can I afford to pay more fees ? Another reason for implementing this fees, which most of sellers doesn't know, the logic behind it - The main thing is - Australia post increases postage cost every year so, ebay will get big benefit from it automatically, without changing their fees. ebay says - 60% sellers giving free postage ( How many out of them are Australian sellers ? ), it is choice of seller , he will send item for free if he can afford it but it is not a logic to charge fees or push small sellers to pay fees for it. If I will have to offer free postage, I have to double my item cost, which is one type of suicide for me, and many other sellers. I hope you will understand the problem and give pressure to ebay to remove fees on postage cost, I am not worried about the fees they charge on item cost, but I am worried about the fees which is not the part of profit for me at least . I am sure your support will stop this blood sucking activities. I sent them emails form beginning to remove this fees but they have thick skin, they don't want to listen it, so, now I have only way to complaint you for this big matter, which will give relief to millions of small sellers.

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Please Raise Your Voice to Stop Blood Sucking Fees on Postage Cost

@wendshee wrote:

As I mentioned earlier, I only offer free postage on large letter items. Majority of my sales are parcel post items. Nothing wrong with my sales. So much so, I need to have a sickie from my regular job this week to catch up on posting. That said, I don't have a store, so best match means diddly squat to me.

The best match is the default search result option and it has nothing to do with the stores. So it does not really matter and all shou;d be affected.  

To be honest netheir me nor you do not know how much we would have sold if we had had all items with free postage, 1 day handling and 30 days return policy. It can be only a few percents more or it may be a few times more. The only thing we know is what ebay is telling us and they have made it clear many times that if we do not offer these services our items won't be burst in search results.  It is my choice not to offer free postage and I cannot offer 30 days return and 1 day handling so I am not really complaining. I will be selling on ebay as long as I can make a sale and their fess are under their current level. Ebay is not the only selling channel for me but it is one of the best on good months especially considering that I do not pay much for the listings and my ebay store.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 31 of 43
Latest reply

The thing I see wrong with what eBay tells you is, if everyone offered free postage with a 1 day handling time and 30 day returns, not everyone can be up the top. Say, for example, there are 10 million sellers on eBay. If every one of those 10 million followed eBay's guidelines, people would still be complaining they are on the last page of best match because it is impossible for everyone to be up the top.

How do you know that yesterday you may have been meant to get hit by a car, but you stepped off the kerb 10 seconds earlier. You'll never know that you were meant to be hit by a car. Same as you'll never know if you are losing sales due to rankings and what options you offer in your listings.

Message 32 of 43
Latest reply

ANYONE FOR CRICKET? (grabs blanky and heads for deepest, darkest corner)

Well PJ you said this was more than a possibility, ....so l guess there would be few Drinkers in Earls Kangaroo Court, London W1, at this time.
Not the time to be caught wearing the ol' Baggy Green, PJ.
Message 33 of 43
Latest reply

you can request partial fvf credit
Message 34 of 43
Latest reply

these are only recommedations and are base from buying behaviors that will help you sell your product. Actually eBay is helping seller out attract buyers especially there are a lot of online sites that gives free shipping.
Message 35 of 43
Latest reply

these are only recommedations and are base from buying behaviors that will help you sell your product. Actually eBay is helping seller out attract buyers especially there are a lot of online sites that gives free shipping.
Message 36 of 43
Latest reply

x3n0m
Community Member

If one looks at the history of ebay fees and ausposts constant bi-annual price rises one must question the sustainability of running a business that relies on ebay and/or australia post .. In my opinion they are both bloodsucking monopoly practices parasites of businesses to be stuck near to and because of thier constant non market related (monopoly practices)  interferances can shatter the potential of a target market in a heartbeat .. many horror stories abound throughout the internet about small policy changes at ebay that totally destroy peoples businesses and aspirations and often lead to bankruptcy to those who have trusted that ebay won't interfere in their target markets .. I will tell you straight that ebay will do all manner of things and really do not care about sellers turning a profit but are more focused on running a monopoly practices entity where you have no other option but to use ebay paypal or pay outrageous fees on postage or hiding listings or disruptive innovation or whatever else they decide to ram down your throat ..  I personally could no longer be bothered and just use this place to flog off a few cupboard remnants etc as am quite sickened by many ebay policies and ausposts constant astronomical price rises and expect the trend to continue until either those institution's rampant greed bankrupts themselves or they criple most all businesses who deal with them .. I imagine I am not alone in my strategy to abandon the idea of turning a profit from an ebay business and would not recommend to be purchasing inventory to resell in such a hostile unpredictable tilted playing field enviroment ..

Message 37 of 43
Latest reply

There is an old saying "never stand in the way of a premier (state) and a bucket of money".

Ebay went into politics a long time back.

Message 38 of 43
Latest reply

Gosh and I just put up another thread about this!!  Guess we have no hope 😞  Guy on the phone said if enough people gave feedback they may change it  Hummmmm 

Message 39 of 43
Latest reply

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it ain't gunna happen. Given you started your own thread, not sure why you felt the need to drag up an old one, of which most of the contributers haven't been back since it was posted.

Message 40 of 43
Latest reply