Please Raise Your Voice to Stop Blood Sucking Fees on Postage Cost

Respected All ebay sellers, Please Raise Your Voice to Stop Blood Sucking Fees on Postage Cost - I want to draw your kind attention to ebay's wrong policy which push us to pay more fees to them. It was started in May-2014 they implemented fees on postage cost which is 8.5%, before they were charging fees only on item cost, which is al-right, but postage cost is not the profit making thing so, how can they charge fees on it. I want to give the reason for it, they want to double the profit by this simple act for example - I sell most items for A$ 8.00 - before May-14, I was paying fees 8.5% for that cost only, I didn't have any problem for it, but when they started to charge fees on postage cost I have to pay fees 8.5% for postage cost which is A$ 7.45 for regular and A$ 10.20 for express , (means sometimes it is more that item fees, on express post service .) I charge actual postage cost to buyers for parcels, so, how can I afford to pay more fees ? Another reason for implementing this fees, which most of sellers doesn't know, the logic behind it - The main thing is - Australia post increases postage cost every year so, ebay will get big benefit from it automatically, without changing their fees. ebay says - 60% sellers giving free postage ( How many out of them are Australian sellers ? ), it is choice of seller , he will send item for free if he can afford it but it is not a logic to charge fees or push small sellers to pay fees for it. If I will have to offer free postage, I have to double my item cost, which is one type of suicide for me, and many other sellers. I hope you will understand the problem and give pressure to ebay to remove fees on postage cost, I am not worried about the fees they charge on item cost, but I am worried about the fees which is not the part of profit for me at least . I am sure your support will stop this blood sucking activities. I sent them emails form beginning to remove this fees but they have thick skin, they don't want to listen it, so, now I have only way to complaint you for this big matter, which will give relief to millions of small sellers.

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

i found you something to read while you wait for the fees on postage policy to be recinded.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bursting-Bubbles-by-Dyan-Sheldon-9781406349108-Paperback-2014-/3516436666...

Message 41 of 43
Latest reply

Since I gave up 1 day handling time and "free" postage, (last 3 months) my sales have INCREASED quite a bit.

Go figure?

Top Rated Seller seems to mean nothing in Australia, no 20% discount like Americans get.

Since they took TRS away from me, they have done me a favour, as far as eBay sales go..

Message 42 of 43
Latest reply

Haha it's because I have been buying lots from you lately as I thought you needed to pick up your sales,

but not with this account sorry.

All the best

Message 43 of 43
Latest reply