Please avoid Sendle for your customers sake

I have bought a few things which have been delivered with Sendle. 
After two problems, I saw something was being sent with them when buying something else. 
I immediately contacted them and asked them not to leave it outside as things always get stolen. The person who answered basically told me they couldn't care less and it was going to be left outside no matter what. 
I told them to return it then, better it goes back than to some random person walking past. 
I contacted the seller and she contacted Sendle asking them to return it, they told her no. 
A few days later I get an email saying that they'd left me an attempted delivery card, which they had not. 
I tried the number and link in the email and it didn't work.
I sent them a separate email asking what was going on and received no reply. Then out of blue they sent me a request for feedback asking how they did. Seriously! 
They haven't replied and neither the seller or I know where the parcel is... But they want me to give them feedback 😮 
Well.... here it comes...

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Sendle is a broker. They don't actually send anything. They contract it out to real couriers, often Fastway. That being the case they have little or no control over what happens after they contract out the transaction.

You will need to check carefully. eBay are flogging Sendle to sellers, often at prices significantly cheaper than Australia Post. Those sellers looking to save a buck will certainly be tempted, especially when it is the first option shown when using eBay labels.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

If you didn't get your items, then simply open a case for Item not received to get your money back.

Simple.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

As a seller I have been caught a couple fo times with postage labels. If I am not deligent when doing a postage label the ebay labels will automatically select SENDLE if that is the cheaper.  

Before I know it I have printed off a label for Sendle and not Aust Post.  It is then a pain to cancel the label which I have found I need to go to Sendle website and cancel I have not been able to do this on eBay. 

For me it is not about saving the odd $ dollar it is more not being diligent.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Ditto - I never use Sendle. 

For Australia Posts faults , postal black holes - I have not had a tracked parcel go astray.

When buyers can see there parcel being scanned multiple times over a five day period at the Chullora black hole - they have been (in my experience) very forgiving when delivery has been delayed. 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@6508.froggy wrote:

As a seller I have been caught a couple fo times with postage labels. If I am not deligent when doing a postage label the ebay labels will automatically select SENDLE if that is the cheaper.  

Before I know it I have printed off a label for Sendle and not Aust Post.  It is then a pain to cancel the label which I have found I need to go to Sendle website and cancel I have not been able to do this on eBay. 

For me it is not about saving the odd $ dollar it is more not being diligent.

I print Australia Post Labels all the time and don't have this problem. Do you have Australia Post selected in your listings?

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Yes I do - perhaps the difference is quite a few of my labels are for over 1kg and cubed so ebay elects to choose the cheapest option which is sometimes cheaper via Sendle, 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

It's not really Sendle at fault, unless you count the fact that they use fastway. My Sendle deliveries are always Couriers Please and I don't have any problems. Admittedly, I always check google street view before deciding between Sendle and Auspost.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply