Poor sales.....

Things are a bit crook when instead of notifications of sales, I am only getting self promotions from eBay.

It's getting to the stage where it is all a bit of a waste of time  !!!

Anyone else feel the same?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Poor sales.....

Things are strange,Relatively good,Wed,Thurs,Fri,But nothing all weekend.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Poor sales.....

Sales are certianely a little bit soft at the moment, with buyers very shy. I have been doing plenty of new listings and these are driving traffic and some sales. The 150 free auctions a week ago on my non store account went well and showed there are still buyers out there ( although my biggest customer with a $650 bill has not paid ). I am spending around a week revising all the listings on my smaller store, changing catagories to keep up with ebay changes, changing some descriptions and adding fixed flat rate International postage cost to most items. This is also helping with overseas customers going from 20% of total sales to around 40% since I started making the changes. The changes are making my  items more visible on overseas sites. All of these things mean I am still holding my long term sales average, but I am working fairly hard to keep it. 

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Poor sales.....

I would have semi-agreed with you up until Thursday, when I had managed to sell 1 item per day.

Given I have sold 18 items in the last 3 days, which brings me up to my average, I would disagree.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Poor sales.....

mmm, i had a great last month but this month has been absolutely terrible so far.

I've had no sales at all for almost 2 weeks, by far the longest period i can remember without a sale.

Thats a big difference from last month where i had at least a sale or two a day.

We can only hope there are better times ahead   Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Poor sales.....

Very poor for me recently, adding loads of new stock but views are right down which means that sales are right down. I get a week or so here or there where things go so so then it is back to the doldrums. 

Not sure what to do about ebay really. No real options elsewhere either other than to persist with my online store..

@bede3823 wrote:

mmm, i had a great last month but this month has been absolutely terrible so far.

I've had no sales at all for almost 2 weeks, by far the longest period i can remember without a sale.

Thats a big difference from last month where i had at least a sale or two a day.

We can only hope there are better times ahead   Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Poor sales.....

Things might start to pick up now that people are starting to get their tax returns back.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Poor sales.....

Sales have generally been down, but my last 30 day period has been up thank goodness.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Poor sales.....

Sales are still very dodgy, but due to a couple of high value sales a few days ago, I had my best day ever on ebay and surpassed a milestone I had set a couple of years ago as a dream sales target that I would like to reach. My $650 non payer has finally paid ( after I phoned him up at home & ten days after purchasing ) and had a good sales day today so things are not all bad. Even with these bright spots I would have to agree that buyers are very shy and sales very inconsistant. I am still relying on ebay for most of my income and this gives a bit of incentive to try to keep things moving.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Poor sales.....

vcc1731
Community Member

Here in Australia sales have been in free fall for the last few years. The banking industry has been concerned because we have not seen real wage growth in the past 4 years. To top this off, retail and hospitality workers are about to have their overtime pay rates cut. This is a bit of a worry as many EBay buyers are young and these industries with wage cuts have a lot of younger workers. 

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply