Postage Calculated incorrectly?!

I'm super annoyed right now. I listed a medium-sized box of toys on ebay last week, which (thankfully) got a few bids. I packed it up and weighed it, measured the box, and all that jazz, and then entered it into my listing. It sold over the weekend, and so I go to print my labels this morning for the weekends sales, and notice it's saying $7.95. No way in hell that's a $7.95 parcel, and I knew that for sure from inputting the same dimensions and weight into the Auspost website. So I can't use my label, and I'm out another 7 bucks or so, which is half of my profit on the listing before fees.

Now I know what you're thinking. I screwed up the input on the listing. Nope, because my listings default to no tracking if the settings don't save, and it still says parcel + tracking, so it definitely saved. I distinctly remember setting up this listing, because it was the only boxed item I sold that batch, so it was different to all of my other listings, for which I used a padded envelope. I only used the stupid calculator because when the weights go up, rates can vary, so I didn't just look it up and input flat rate like I have been lately.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Postage Calculated incorrectly?!

Actually, the place across the road is an LPO, so perhaps that's the reason they're not policing it. You can also drop off your dry-cleaning there to get done...

Most of my items tend to be well under 500g, so if on occasion a 520g item ships in a 500g satchel...I figure AP is still ahead overall ๐Ÿ˜„

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

I too have been shafted by Ebay's non-sensical postage calculator, and to prevent this, I have sometimes put a ridiculous weight in the listing, if the buyer is too impatient to wait for an invoice, they would have paid too much. Once I have actually worked out the proper postage, I refund the excess.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Don't you then pay excess fees, as postage is now included in the total of your Final Value Fees? Refunding the difference usually isn't taken into account, you're charged based on what you invoice and is initially paid.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply