Postage Delays for items sent 16th and 17th Junu

If anyone else is getting messages from buyers regarding delays it appears Aust Post had some sort of outage. Its nice ebay remove any defects but would be better if Aust Post reimburses my buyers for items that they needed by a certain date. I have one that only needed to go 26kms across town and luckily I have extra so I can deliver myself.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It would be nice if I could spell June

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

The only outage I'm aware of was last Wednesday afternoon, and that was only for generating and printing labels. If you were able to do that, then you weren't affected. If you weren't you wouldn't have been able to post using AP labels.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I happened to look on the Aus Post website today and it said there were delays to both regular and express parcels. If you have a look on the main page, there is a section in the middle of the page called "Current Delivery Times. There's all sort of info there. 

The reason I was looking was because a buyer wanted an item sent as Express so that she would have it on Monday from me in Perth to her in NSW. I saw that the 1 business day guarantee is suspended until flights return to normal, so she would only get her item after about 3 business days.

I'm not sure what your handling time is, but mine is set at 3 days as a buffer. I also do not offer guaranteed delivery dates, which is something you can opt out of in the postage section.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor