Postage Prices

Hi all,

I know there are a ton of threads currently on the changes in shipping prices but none really answer my question.

Does anyone know if eBay will be updating the new price structure and secondly has anyone continued to use the older prices and if so, did they go through OK? I am not so much fussed about saving money so much as saving time. It took me ages this morning at the PO to individually weigh each parcel and then outline what extra covergae etc i needed as opposed to previously just having each parcel lodging.

Any thoughts appreciated.....constructive that is. Smiley Very Happy

Spoiler
Spoiler

Message 1 of 53
Latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: Postage Prices

I am rural and so is my buyer that I just printed the label for. It cost me $8.65 on eBay, but would have cost $8.95 through My Post. That was for a 500g small eBay satchel weighing under 500g contents. I think while we get used to it, better off checking both sites to see which gives the better deal on the day. 

Message 31 of 53
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I am rural and so is my buyer that I just printed the label for. It cost me $8.65 on eBay, but would have cost $8.95 through My Post. That was for a 500g small eBay satchel weighing under 500g contents. I think while we get used to it, better off checking both sites to see which gives the better deal on the day. 

It doesn't matter where you are, only the destination. If they were rural then it would have been $8.95 on ebay too. Some places you might think of as rural are actually under 'other major city' on the Aus Post destination postcode chart. You can find the postcode on here https://auspost.com.au/content/dam/auspost_corp/media/documents/mypost-business-domestic-postcode-gu... to see how they classify it. If they actually were rural it might have just been a glitch, been a few of those, but expect to pay $8.95 for the same customer in future.

Message 32 of 53
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

MyPost will be $8.95 until you use 40 in a rolling 8-week period.

If, like me, you are confident you can do this, then you wear the extra until those (significant) discounts kick in. Otherwise, eBay is cheaper.

Message 33 of 53
Latest reply

I have no issue with the code and labels print fine with it. 

Message 34 of 53
Latest reply

My Post Office does not use cubing at all - just charging on weight.

The PO has not measured any of my boxes (some have been quite large) since the change came in, whereas previously they were measuring most of my larger boxes (and charging accordingly).

This makes it much easier for me, as I can just weigh my items before listing and not be too concerned about what box I use to send it in.

Message 35 of 53
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

MyPost will be $8.95 until you use 40 in a rolling 8-week period.

If, like me, you are confident you can do this, then you wear the extra until those (significant) discounts kick in. Otherwise, eBay is cheaper.

Not any more Dave, an eBay small satchel is now $8.95 so same as AP with no discount.

eBay would be getting the max AP discount (at least) of 35% same city, 19% other city and 5% rural.

So:

$5.82 same city

$7.25 other city

$8.50 rural

Given that most parcels will be same city or inter city they'd probably be averaging sub $7.00.

That means they are pocketing arount $1.95 per small satchel PLUS the postage fee so add another 89 cents for 10% fee rate.

Around the $2.84 profit mark per small parcel looks a bit rorty to me.

Message 36 of 53
Latest reply

Wasn't their main justification for charging FVFs on postage that they provided a postage service?

The create label page doesn't reference eBay postage at all now. It's Sendle, then AP.

Message 37 of 53
Latest reply

You're kidding......ebay is using Sendle as well as AP?

That will put the cat among the pigeons for buyers who do not want to buy from sellers using couriers.  Sendle uses mainly Fastway as far as I know, so another sticking point.

As a buyer I hope none of the sellers I buy from use ebay postage as couriers are not convenient for me.

Message 38 of 53
Latest reply

I can now see the sendle option when creating a postage lable and I think you will many may be tempted by the cheap rate. Aust. post for 500gram shows $8.65 and sendle shows $7.03. The only time it would be a viable option for myself is if I had a parcel over 22kg and up to 25kg which is their limit.

Message 39 of 53
Latest reply

I am not a seller....just a buyer so I cannot see the postage options for sellers.

Message 40 of 53
Latest reply