Postage charges from ebay to sellers using ebay's postage print labels

Just a quick heads up to all ebay sellers using eBay's postage print labels on 500gram and 3 kilo satchels, as of March 2nd 2015, they have been charging you 7.34 instead of 7.15 per item, and 11.89 instead of 11.70 per item on you account for store holders, not sure about others, so check you account summary and ring them. Good luck getting it refunded!!!

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Postage charges from ebay to sellers using ebay's postage print labels

I was told this also from one call centre member.  I then called Aust Post to querie the charges, and let them know that Ebay has stated that Aust Post is at fault. They assured me that they have no control of the Ebay site and cannot add charges to it.  The site belongs to Ebay.........Ebay has control of that site............Ebay is responsible for their site.

I have since contacted Ebay again, and they assured me they will get back to me by the end of today regarding this.

Message 31 of 43
Latest reply

I got this response today;

Thanks for your email about the charges for your postage labels.

lane-ends, I understand that the cost showing in your 'Manage postage labels' and upon printing your labels are different from your invoice. We appreciate that you informed us about this. The reason why you were charged differently is because AusPost has made recent updates about their price for postage labels and since the eBay system for postage labels printing is not updated yet, it will still show the old rates and the new price will just reflect on your eBay invoice.

You may also visit the link I will provide below to learn more about their price change.

http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/pricing-updates.html

I trust that this information is helpful. Please let us know if you need any more information. Thanks for choosing eBay! We value your business.

Warm Regards,

Hazel B.

eBay Australia Customer Support

Sounds like they just intend to keep it and make up whatever they feel like to fob us off (the link supplied didn't work either)

So can we then charge our buyers more than transaction and invoice amount, and blame it on AP

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 32 of 43
Latest reply

I have the same issue for an item I sold on 2nd March. I was charged $7.34 instead of $7.15 for the 500g eBay satchel.

The response I got from eBay today was:

"I understand that you are concerned about this matter. Just to inform you that Australia Post updated a price changes on some of their parcel, bulk mail products and other services. What we've charged your account is the correct postage label fees that has been updated this March 2015.

The reason why when you printed a label, it's showing up as AU$7.15 only, it's because our system hasn't synchronised yet with Australia Post price change. To inform you as well that our Technical team and Engineer are currently working on it. You may check with Australia post as well about their price change. You may visit this link to know more: http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/pricing-updates.html"

Ironically, the link they provided states about how the prices for the 500g eBay satchels will not change, and when you click on the pricing section it still shows as $7.15. I've replied to eBay stating this... still waiting for their reply.

So frustrating...

Message 33 of 43
Latest reply

this is the lates response I have had from Ebay today.

This is a follow-up email regarding the additional charge of AU $0.19 on your postage label.

I just want to advise you that we are still getting the exact information. I will get back to you within the day or as soon as I get the final feedback on this issue.

Thank you for your patience and thanks for choosing eBay!

Message 34 of 43
Latest reply

I have called the ACCC regarding this issue, and was informed that it appears to be a Breach of component pricing.  Adding charges after the point of sale is not legal.

Here are a couple of links from their website:

http://www.accc.gov.au/publications/advertising-selling/advertising-and-selling-guide/pricing/compon...

http://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/new-pricing-requirements-clarified

Message 35 of 43
Latest reply

When the ACCC eventually have no choice left at all to make its move against eBay practices its gonna take years to investigate the extent of the breaches.

Message 36 of 43
Latest reply

After receiving the same email from Ebay as per the same as the above posts, I then sent a reply advising Ebay that their response was unacceptable\. This overcharging after receving a quote is illegal in Australial nd requested this matter be referred to a Supervisor or Manger ...and I would be also be taking the matter further with the ACCC.

I received the response below today

Hello Helen,

Thank you for your reply. I understand your point there with the charge being advertised as $7.45 but ending up as $7.64. With the previous reply, basically, if I was the one in your place, I would be upset since it was just explained, but no information if there was action taken.

I confirmed this with the previous representative and when we reviewed his reply, basically it was incomplete. The explanation was there, but he was not able to mention that this will be requested.

The request is currently processing and I can speed this up for you to make sure that the adjustments will reflect witin the next 24 hours. Once again, we do apologise for the inconvenience.

So I will be receiving a credit!

I can't believe the responses received. It is illegal and incorrect by Ebay's postal system just like the problem with the 22kg labels that has still not been fixed!!

Message 37 of 43
Latest reply

I too have been charged $7.64 for a parcel post label quoted at $7.45.

To complicate the issue, I have two of these charges in my account because I canceled the first label after noticing it said 22kg. (I hadn't realized this was a known issue.) Not sure how cancelation of labels works but I assume at some point that one will be refunded.

Now to get back my 19c on the other one...

Message 38 of 43
Latest reply

Hot off the press:
charmony
I created an Australia Post label for the order, and the cost was listed as $7.45. However, the amount on my invoice is $7.64.

Josh A.
Thanks for that info. Auspost actually has a recent price change starting March 1st which also affects our eBay posatge labels however these chanegs has not yet reflected in our system. This has already been escalated to our technical/development team to have the correct costs showingon the page where you create the labels.

charmony
The Australia Post cost is not $7.64, it's $7.45.

Josh A.
I am sorrybut we still don't have the full details on Auspost's price change but was advised that this is becuase of the recent changes on Auspost.

charmony
Your advice is wrong. The AusPost website lists the price as $7.45. There has been no price increase for that category.
Also, it's not legal in Australia to charge more than the stated price.
So please could you refund my 19 cents.

Josh A.
Yes I do understand where your coming from. We will definitely credit the diffrence.

charmony
Thank you.

Josh A.
If you are planing to use more labels then you might want to recontact us after youused the labels so that we can have it credited at the same time.

charmony
Okay but it would be better if your technical team fixed the 19 cents additional charge!!!

Josh A.
Yes I do understand and I will also be making sure to include you on our affected member's list to be prioritised. Do you want me to credit it now or do you want to contact us back after you use more labels so that we can credit it at the same time?
Message 39 of 43
Latest reply

So the Auspost price rise is the stock reply, then when you call them on it they first blame unspecified "advice", and then agree to the credit.

And now I'm on the "affected member's list to be prioritised", which I guess means those who complain get the credit, and those who don't complain get a bug that hasn't been fixed in over a week and pay an extra 19c per label.

Message 40 of 43
Latest reply