15 REPLIES 15

Postage hike confirmed

So all the banks (and other utilities) are going to pay $1 for each letter....Whats the discount rate?

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Postage hike confirmed

The priority labels are going to be sold from Dec 14th onwards @50c each, so (at the very least) it'll be +50c per article rather than +50c per stamp for large letters. 

I've got a few changes to make between now and January, though. >_>

(I dunno about high-profile and high-volume businesses, but the published rates for business accounts give 5% discount on the basic rate across small and large letters, and if going priority, the full 50c is charged). 

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Postage hike confirmed

@dylan11235813 wrote:

So all the banks (and other utilities) are going to pay $1 for each letter....Whats the discount rate?

Most big businesses have accounts with AP and negotiate their discount rates according to their volume turnover.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Postage hike confirmed

I buy prepaid large letters. I've been stocking up - a reasonable December will give me about 12 month's worth.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Postage hike confirmed

Yes, I stocked up on prepaid envelopes....both ordinary and large letter but not to that extent as I am not a seller.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Postage hike confirmed

Dave - do you buy the prepaid envelopes from AusPost? e.g. C4 size are $34.20 per pack for 1-4 packs of 10. And these don't display on the front how much the postage is, so they will still be useable after the price rise?

Do you buy them on ebay?

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Postage hike confirmed

Unfortunately I don't think my large letter items are suitable for regular envelopes. I think they need to go in padded bags. Oh well. I might have to start charging extra for postage on those. I currently have "free" postage on large letter items. I could also up the price a bit I suppose, but then I risk not selling them as a lot aren't really worth the extra $.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Postage hike confirmed

Concession Stamps

I spoke yesterday to my LPO as I am now entitled to my new lot of 50 Concession Stamps which pensioners are entitled to yearly. She advised me to buy the all now but not to use them until after 4th Janurary 2016 that way you will save 40 cents and not 10 cents which is what you get now.

Gayle

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Postage hike confirmed

They are prepaid; they will still work after the price rise. I always stock up before price rises (usually not as much as this time) and the older, cheaper letters still go through. AP have to honour them, because they don't stipulate use by dates.

Like prepaid satchels. If you have old ones, they are still valid.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply