15 REPLIES 15

Re: Postage hike confirmed

Just looking into the price hike and read this regarding the prepaid envelopes (note in bold):

Tony Culberg asked
27 Mar 2015, 07:46 AM
Richard@Auspost answered
Hi Tony, After the price changes, you can still use our prepaid products, however will need to add stamps to ensure that the correct postage is paid.

We are developing our products for priority and regular mail in light of the planned changes, and we’ll put up further information as it becomes available.
10 Apr 2015, 08:32 AM

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

On the Australia Post website here: https://conversation.auspost.com.au/national?tool=qanda

A customer asked about the prepaid envelopes and the response from Australia Post was that they can still be used but stamps would need to be added to make up the price difference.

It's a long Q&A, so I suggest doing a search! It's near the bottom of the list...

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

Sorry about the double-up of posts... I didn't think the first one worked!
Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

@amcamari wrote:

On the Australia Post website here: https://conversation.auspost.com.au/national?tool=qanda

A customer asked about the prepaid envelopes and the response from Australia Post was that they can still be used but stamps would need to be added to make up the price difference.

It's a long Q&A, so I suggest doing a search! It's near the bottom of the list...

Unless they change the envelopes after the price rise no-one would know how much postage is on them as the stamp has no value on it.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

I expect they are planning to change the envelopes given their response... but there's certainly no harm in stocking up on envelopes now if you'll use them anyway.
Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

I would/will be taking them to the Ombudsman/ACCC if they try that one on me.

A prepaid fixed price envelope is exactly that. It is size and weight limited ONLY. Date of purchase and subsequent price rises are irrelevant.

As I will be using my stock for most of next year, I will let you know if I have issues with AP breaching their own rules.

Edit: I also notice your references are from very early this year. They have had two price increases on prepaid envelopes since then, and nothing has changed picture-wise.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply