Postage up 21st September

Postage up 21st September.....about 1.57% for us.....I guess they need to pay Holgate's $1M somehow

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Postage up 21st September

Sorry thats 6th September

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

do you have a 'link' please?

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I'm just disappointed on behalf of everyone who was holding out for the light, economy parcel option, even though I won't be going back to untracked for international mail anytime soon myself. Making it <50 grams is a slap in the face, I thought it was going to be up to 100g, especially considering packaging and a customs form alone can be 30g. (If they at least made the labels A6 size, it'd be more workable). 

I haven't looked in to the new zonings yet, but hopefully that side of things makes the overall increase at least balance out some,  as I get a lot of packages going to "rural" areas. 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

From 6 September 2021, to help maintain our services, increase delivery capacity and expand our network investment, we will be introducing a 1.4% price increase across all Australia Post retail domestic parcel services – including Parcel Post and Express Post.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

You can blame Prime Minister Scott Morrison, who turned $12k worth of watches into a million dollar pay out by taxpayer shareholders and the loss of the best CEO of Australia Post in the process.

I don't have a problem with a price increase, 1.4% will recoup the one million dollars within a day.  I do have a problem when I get nothing much back though.  If the increase results in an improvement in delivery times that is justified.  At the end of the day it's our customers who end up paying for it.

What annoys me is the price increase is aimed at the eCommerce businesses who contribute more towards Australia Post revenue than personal customers.  It should apply across the board to be fair.

Meanwhile over at Toll / Global Express Christine Holgate must be smirking at this increase.  I look forward to some real competition in the parcel delivery space in the near future instead of being screwed by Australia Post over and over again.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Australia Post in 2016: People are not sending enough letters. We need to increase the price.

Australia Post in 2021: People are sending too many parcels. We need to increase the price.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply