Posting Items greater than 105 cm in length

Hi,

Can someone please help me in regards to posting items to buyers which have dimensions of more than 105 cm. Australia Post offers service for parcel post with a maximum dimensions of 105 cm. If i am selling an item which has a dimension of greater than 105 cm then how can i send it to my buyer?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Posting Items greater than 105 cm in length

@lyndal1838 wrote:

There is no point in trying to circumvent the system by posting at an agency....chances are it will be found out somewhere in the system before it is delivered.\

I have sent thousands of oversized packages, Australia wide and overseas, over the last many many years via franchisee outlets and none have been returned so far. Once its in the system, no one cares about the size.

Though things can change tomorrow so I have all the usual backups -- in my order of preferance: 1) Fastway, 2) PackSend, 3) Sendle (though with their latest price increase they have been off my books now)

I hope this helps OP.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Agree - I have just started using Sendle without any issues - and I have to say great savings - Saved $50.00 on two heavy parcels to WA - am now using them for anyting over 1kg.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks for the help. I have tested Pack and Send. They are very friendly and online booking gives you savings and collection options as well. 

@babyzeeonline wrote:

Have you tried Pack & Send?

We've got another account that sells handpainted painting and some of our paintings are 200cm x 150cm. Not sure if you have access to them. Sometimes their rates are good, sometimes is pretty horrendous and we us e-go.com.au.

Haven't had any trouble with either services yet. For e-go, we drop it at the Depot, which saves us quite a fair bit of money. We also add insurance and signature on delivery and a redelivery thing as well.

Not sure how others go about with AusPost for items over 105cm, unless it's just over and the post office ignores it.

@babyzeeonline wrote:

Have you tried Pack & Send?

We've got another account that sells handpainted painting and some of our paintings are 200cm x 150cm. Not sure if you have access to them. Sometimes their rates are good, sometimes is pretty horrendous and we us e-go.com.au.

Haven't had any trouble with either services yet. For e-go, we drop it at the Depot, which saves us quite a fair bit of money. We also add insurance and signature on delivery and a redelivery thing as well.

Not sure how others go about with AusPost for items over 105cm, unless it's just over and the post office ignores it.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks heaps. I wanted to send some items of around 120 cm to VIC which weighs around 4 Kg each. Both Pack and Send and Sendle quoted the same price. Although, Pack and Send were a bit cautious in what can be booked online and what can't. Anyways, i have tried Pack n Send. Will see how much is the difference when sending stuff from east to west in future
Message 14 of 14
Latest reply