Posting from Australia to Spain

xxerjexx
Community Member

I’ve recently had issues with a purchase made from Spain whereby Spanish customs did “return to sender” even after the buyer had paid the duties at their end. I received the item back safely and then re-sent (at additional postage cost to buyer), however they appear to be no further ahead as again the buyer cannot locate their item at Spanish customs. I will note I did the drycleaning declaration for Spain also! Is anyone else having issues with Spain? 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If I were you, I would not be posting overseas.  You appear to have problems.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Have you posted items to spain recently using Aus Post and what was your experience? 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I do post overseas but NOT to Spain (and many other countries.)  I had a bad experience with Spain many years ago (maybe 15?)  - at that time buyers had to pay duty at their end. The amount of duty demanded by Spanish Customs was much higher than it should have been  according to the buyer so they refused to pay and the parcel was returned to me. I refunded them. According to the buyer there was at the time a long-standing problem with Customs - I do not wish to cast aspersions so have no idea to what the current situation is.

I sell mainly one-off items collectables etc which may not be widely available, which is why I sell overseas (to some countries.)  I would have thought with the type of items you seem to sell (clothing including some pre-worn, cosmetics)  - that something similar would be available in any country, without needing to look overseas. There are additional problems with selling overseas; because I get additional sales that way I am prepared to wear them; only you can decide if it is worth it to you.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

After years of relatively trouble-free sending to Europe I've started having issues with items being returned this year, when all the parcels had the proper customs requirements fulfilled.

The only thing I can think of is that AP started requiring the tariff code to be completed for every international  destination for parcels since last year, which I do complete, and they are now also auto-signed with "ID verified" tags rather than me signing them manually.

Maybe there are some teething issues going on in regards to these things.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

If it failed once why would you resend.   

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply