Printing address / shipping labels (cheaper options)

Hi, I'm looking for a budget priced way of printing address labels. I am currently using the A4 integrated invoice/address labels, but they work out to be as expensive as the padded envelopes I send them in (about 16 cents a pop). Could someone share their ideas on cheaper options? I've seen other sellers using various formats, but can't find any information about them. I've heard people mention Brother P Touch, please help. Sincerely, David.
Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Hi David

I cut n' patse address details onto A4 labels (16 stickers per page) and print. You can buy these on eBay for about $25 free post for 200 sheets - that's 3200 labels for $25. The template can be downloaded as a word document from the same seller.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Hi, thanks for that. Does this mean you have to "view sales record" of each and every sale? I'm averaging 70 sales a day, and would take me a lot of time to process each day's sales, or is there a faster way to do this?
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

We just use a Brother QL500 label printer.

It means you have to copy/paste the address details across from the "Print address labels or Invoices" menu into the label printer software.

At the busiest of times we are only mailing out 40 per day but its pretty quick and easy to do tho.

We buy the labels in  rolls of 800 so the price per label is very low. Haven't figured it out excatly but it would have to be no more than a couple of cents per label.

We are using large letter tho not the ebay label printing postage system.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I use the Brother QL-570 for all my labels. I do not use it with click & send, eparcel or ebay labels. I use it as a stand alone. I copy addresses from paypal payment advice and paste them into p-touch software template I made up. I have it set up so I can print 11 labels in one go. I print them then if I have anymoreto print I copy and paste again and print out what I need.

The maximum length you can print in ptouch software is around 1 meter so thats why 11 labels see pic below

p touch.jpg

6 REFILL ROLLS DK22205 BROTHER COMPATIBLE CONTINUOUS LABELS 62mmx30.48m DK 22205

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Great, thanks for that mate, I appreciate it
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

the rolls are 30mts continuous and my labels are set at 9cm wide so they work out pretty cheap. Of course if you choose smaller labels or even smaller width on the same size roll it could be cheaper still.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Can you resize the eBay invoices? I've done that myself in the past (via my browser settings) when I wanted a long packing slip to print on a single page rather than 2. If everything is still readable at half the size (perhaps it might work better in landscape over portrait), you could cut costs a fair bit that way.

I don't usually use them for address labels, but I do buy the ones like jfmgray is referring to above, and the template(s) the seller provides work a treat. When I do print out addresses, I don't do a full invoice or anything, just the name and address, and like others, just copy/paste it from the PayPal emails (going through emails is a lot faster than going through individual order details).

PayPal have an option to print address labels as well - if the majority of your items are paid for via PP, they may have some options to help customise more cost-effective labels and invoices (I actually haven't used PayPal's address label system, so don't know what is possible, whether you can bulk-print etc, just thought I'd add it as another option to look at). 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply