Problem changing fonts in new format

Is anyone else having problems changing the fonts with the new format?  It took me ages to get my descriptions set up exactly the way I want them and now every time I edit an existing listing or do a new listing they all have what appears to be arial 14, which is way too dark and heavy.  I've changed the code and it just reverts back to how they want to do it.  It's a real turn off for buyers and even less will bother to read it now!  In the advanced editor it's got the option to change fonts but it doesn't stick when I complete the listing.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Problem changing fonts in new format

have you remembered to "select all" of your description and then change font?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Was having the same problem.  I click on another font (not the one I want) & the size & then click on the one I want & all is good.

It's worked every time for me - so far!

Let me know how it goes.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

curra and lynne, both of those things used to work in the past but they make no difference at all now.  I always go to the HTML version to edit but I've been trying both that and the normal version to no avail.  

Last year I edit all of my listings (around 600) and re-did the whole description using a copy of the HTML code I keep in a notepad document (just changing the relevant bits) and now it looks like I may have wasted my time.  

I got a friend to look at one of my listings with the darker font and she said it's okay, but that item had a fairly sparse description.  I try to spread the writing out in my descriptions and limit it to what's absolutely essential but I have to put a certain amount in.  In some the description of the actual item is a bit longer than others and it's going to look a lot heavier.  

The listings that AR don't change and nor do bulk relists, but every minor edit causes the font to change.  I have to top up the amount available in some listings as they sell but I might do this by bulk editing - I'll click on two items but only edit one of them in bulk edit.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

hate to say this, but just tried to list using sell similar and it let me change the font just fine.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

What browser are you using? I used to use IE but had lots of problems so I've been using chrome for the last few months, with very few problems.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

emmm, firefox i think Smiley Embarassed

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

firefox and I don't get along so well. It keeps telling me my browser is out of date but it's supposed to update itself and I'm sure I have the latest version. It was good for certain things for a while but I eventually gave up on it.

I just tried in IE and was able to change it but now I've got heaps of extra code in the listing, which is a real pain because it makes it harder to find the relevant bits if I need to edit something later on.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply