Problems with Fastway Couriers

barnett.australia.collection
Community Member
Delivery of items bought under the eBay banner is a vital part of the eBay experience for both buyer and seller – yet remains mostly out of the control of either. Is anyone else having problems with Fastway Couriers, or any other couriers? We have recently had a refusal to deliver to the designated address and the parcel was posted by the Fastway local agent only to end up at the post office who also refused to deliver requiring the receiver to go the PO, sign for the parcel and pick it up themselves. All this despite delivery being paid door to door.
Message 1 of 323
Latest reply
322 REPLIES 322

Re: Problems with Fastway Couriers

Not forgetting that people who have a problem are a lot more likely to leave a review than those who had a smooth transaction.

Message 121 of 323
Latest reply

davewil,

on product review, Fastwya has 2800 bad reviews out of 3200 reviews. While you are correct that people vent more whn upset, you can see the other couriers on product review are usualy 4/5 stars. The volume of bad reviews alone is shocking.

Message 122 of 323
Latest reply

What rubbish! People vent when unhappy in regards to couriers. Which other couriers have 4 out of 5 stars? Please name them! My personal experience. Sent about 5000 parcels with Fastway. They never lost one. A few have been late. I would give them 4.5 / 5 stars but I havent bothered on product review as I am happy. Gerrit?
Message 123 of 323
Latest reply

@lyndal1838

I also doubt that they leave anything at the Post Office.....only one courier can leave parcels at the PO and that is AP's own couriers StarTrack.  Any other courier has to pay a surcharge of something like $16 to leave anything at the PO and very few will do it as their customers do not like paying such a huge amount.

Until a couple of years ago we lived out of town. We have had a PO Box in town for many years (4kms from where we lived) but it was in a different postcode to our home.

If I had to order anything that came by courier (not Startrack) it was always dropped at the post office in my postcode - which happened to be about an 80km round trip. The AP postie would just drop a collection card in my mailbox on her rounds and I had to go and collect the parcel.

In the earlier days, if I didn't need it urgently, I could call the PO and they would just redirect it to my PO Box for me (although AP was not paid - country folk helping country folk deal with the limited understanding of some of the complexities of living in such areas, perhaps). That meant it went off to the sorting centre and added a few more days. Once the fee for redirection came in, that all stopped. I could not order anything that was coming by courier then as I worked 150km from home in the other direction and getting to that PO during business hours was impossible. 

The couriers advertised that they delivered to our our area but, in over 10 years, they never delivered to our house. I had a couple of sellers being really rude when I asked if they could send via AP to my PO Box to save either the long delay or the 80km round trip. One went so far as to call me a liar when I said that the courier wouldn't delivered ... then blocked me.

Message 124 of 323
Latest reply

Sendle SmartSend and PackNSend have over 1000 reviews and are still 4/5 stars.

https://www.productreview.com.au/c/couriers.html

Australia Post and Couriers Pelase have about 2/5 stars based on 4000 reviews.

Startrack (part of Australia Post), Fastway and Toll have 1/5 stars reviews of which Fastwya has the most reviews.

If you are happy with Fastway, you ought t give them a good review to help pull their ratings up. also notice the products you sell are quite small and low value and would fit in a postbox easily. try sneidng somethign bigger where the courier has ot leave it in public.

Message 125 of 323
Latest reply

I'll sort this easily and address the nonsense from Fastway supporters.

The largest by far of the product & service review sites for Australia is productreview.com.au

Fastway have 91% 'terrible' reviews, and if we include 'bad' that jumps to 93%.

3006 bad and terrible reviews. / 189 good or excellent reviews.

For those that hate math and find it yucky: Fifteen out of sixteen reviewers did not like Fastway.

The only possible mitigating counterargument is that a human would likely be more inclined to speak up

if they were annoyed or disappointed. That would not change the outcome a great deal.

For those still feeling puzzled by all these numbers, I will on request provide a colourful pie chart Smiley Happy

I do so love those pie charts .. don't you? - it all suddenly becomes as clear as a blue sky.

I trade in facts and the facts here are irrefutable.

Heart Peace and love babies..

Message 126 of 323
Latest reply

The problem with review sites is that they are not reliable. Most of the people who visit these sites to give a review are those who have had a bad experience, not those who have a good experience which is likely to be by far the majority of their customers.

Latest reply

Sorry maranock. in the case of Fastway couriers I would say that the site being mentioned is very accurate.

Fastways have a terrible reputation in the industry and it has been that way for as long as I can remember.  I don't know how they keep going.

Message 128 of 323
Latest reply

I am not defending them, and I would not use them by the amount of bad experiences based on what I have read here. My point was only that review sites are not particularly dependable and and have glaring flaws.

Latest reply

Fastways are a joke. Now this wouldn't be a huge problem for me, except that Ebay in all their wisdom have somehow seen fit to use these clowns as the/an Australian delivery agent for their Global Shipping Program. Let's see.... my parcel arrived in Melbourne three weeks ago according to their **bleep** tracking site. Not a worry, they could have easily delivered my parcel. But nope, instead these dickheads had it moved up to the Sydney depot where it has since vanished into thin air.

When you try and call them, you get a call centre in what sounds like the Phillipines to me. The people on the other end by my score run at 1 out of every 5 who can understand english. What happens with the other 4 I hear you ask?? Well, two of them tell you that they don't know where your parcel is and not to call back as they can't help. The other 2 simply keep on asking the same questions over and over again that I'm guessing they read from some sort of script and when you answer them OVER AND OVER AND OVER they simply say they can't understand and eventually simply hang up on you. Oh and as for the champ that actually does understand english?? He simply lies stating that they haven't received my parcel despite it showing up on their system on their own bloody website.

Now luckily these dickheads happen to have a depot that is only a 15 minute drive from my place, not so I can go and pick up my own **bleep**ing parcel, but because it means that I can go and pay these idiots a visit and hopefully goad someone into trying to throw a punch at me so I can legally give them a decent flogging.

Oh and if by some mad twist of fate someone from Ebay happens to be reading this?? Get your act together, take a look at the reviews your Aussie agents are getting and maybe consider changing over to someone who will actually do the job (oh and a touch of English comprehension wouldn't go astray either??)

If you happen to be one of the gronks defending these dip**bleep**s, go and find a deep body of water somewhere and have a crank at breathing underneath it...

Message 130 of 323
Latest reply