Problems with Fastway Couriers

barnett.australia.collection
Community Member
Delivery of items bought under the eBay banner is a vital part of the eBay experience for both buyer and seller – yet remains mostly out of the control of either. Is anyone else having problems with Fastway Couriers, or any other couriers? We have recently had a refusal to deliver to the designated address and the parcel was posted by the Fastway local agent only to end up at the post office who also refused to deliver requiring the receiver to go the PO, sign for the parcel and pick it up themselves. All this despite delivery being paid door to door.
Message 1 of 323
Latest reply
322 REPLIES 322

Re: Problems with Fastway Couriers

That's a good trick. Fastway is Australian, the GSP ships from the US or UK.

IF your item was passed to Fastways, it was done by the courier (probably FedEx) that brought the goods into the country. I'm not sure why they would do that, but it is certainly not eBay's or Pitney Bowes' fault. They certainly have their faults, but being held responsible for the actions of third parties is not among them.

Message 131 of 323
Latest reply

"Fastway is Australian"

ahh that explains it

Message 132 of 323
Latest reply

I am one who never received a parcel from fastway. Numerous attempts to locate the parcel (a very expensive one) were met by promises to investigate and to call me. None of which were ever done.

Phone calls made to fastway on their advertised phone numbers (including a Sydney number) were diverted to a call centre in the Phillippines.

I did receive a 2 sentence email from them stating that they think it has been lost. According to the tracking number, it  showed it being at one of their distribution centres, and to this day fastway have not contacted me in any form.

As a result I now check what courier service items are being sent via. If it is fastway, I request another service and if my request is denied, i dont deal with the company or person. 

Note: Capital letter was excluded from fastway as they dont deserve a capital.

Message 133 of 323
Latest reply

When I phoned them, and asked their location I was told, "in the Philippines".

It was probably a lie too.

fastsm.jpg

Message 134 of 323
Latest reply

Just bought some stuff last week - seller sent it fastway.

When i got home from worky a couple of days after that and noticed the "delivered and signed for" bit in my purchases. I caught a little frite and messaged the seller stating nothing had been delivered or signed for, and could they check wit the fastway, then went to bed worrying about my missing three hundred dollary-do box of junk...

Next day in my lunch break i googled up that fastway delivery driver's number - which at least wasnt hard to find on their site.

Blokey driver was actually very pleasantly mannered and informed me he had left my package behind a pot near my front door (which it was - and nicely hidden too).

Being that all i ever want is my stuffs, I didn't enquire as to how it managed to get itself signed for and just went and sent an apology to the ebay seller for annoying them.

So in my case there was no issue with them BUT I can only imagine if the package had been nicked or even simply been rained on.. seeing as it had been 'signed for' there could have easily been dramas that I just dont need

Of course this is just the last thing i have recieved from them.. A previous item was delivered when i was home to sign for - so there was no issue.. Time before that.. I was not home and that item was carded... trying to get redelivery was a nightmare and the item was eventually returned to the seller..

Just throwing in my two cents.

Message 135 of 323
Latest reply

My advice is steer clear of this courier service they are nothing but headaches. Sellers and buyers beware. As a seller you could loose valuable cliental because of them. As a buyer you will be waiting for ever to get your items. They do not deserve any business and certainly do not deserve any praise.,

Message 136 of 323
Latest reply

In the 4 weeks since, the terrible reviews for Fastway on Product Review have jumped from 2,800 to 3,022. That's an average of 7 terrible complaints a day!
Message 137 of 323
Latest reply

I want to join in with how terrible Fastway are particularly if you live in WA.!

But more anoying is the sellers that say they use Aus post and then don't (they use Fastway)I only order from those using Aus post because of the hassle I have had.

This is flase adverising not to mention giving delievery date which are then not upheld . There should be refunds for late delivery  and seller should claim back from them perhaps they would lift there game

Message 138 of 323
Latest reply

My parcel being delivered by Fastway arrived a day before they said it would. The ETA said 2 days, it arrived overnight. 

Message 139 of 323
Latest reply

Yes, buying from eBay these days is like Russian roulette. I dread when I get the Fastway email that it is coming. Every time I have had issues. They are absolutely hopeless. Please sellers, find someone else.
Message 140 of 323
Latest reply