Problems with Fastway Couriers

barnett.australia.collection
Community Member
Delivery of items bought under the eBay banner is a vital part of the eBay experience for both buyer and seller – yet remains mostly out of the control of either. Is anyone else having problems with Fastway Couriers, or any other couriers? We have recently had a refusal to deliver to the designated address and the parcel was posted by the Fastway local agent only to end up at the post office who also refused to deliver requiring the receiver to go the PO, sign for the parcel and pick it up themselves. All this despite delivery being paid door to door.
Message 1 of 323
Latest reply
322 REPLIES 322

Re: Problems with Fastway Couriers

9aria6
Community Member

11 days for an item from Melbourne to Canberra still not arrived pretended to have tried to deliver, no communication. dont ever use them they are hopeless 

Message 151 of 323
Latest reply

The local Fastway courier driver refuses to deliver to my next to CBD apartment block. Not once in two dozen plus deliveries over the last 6 years has a calling card ever been left and the driver dumps the parcels at a Parcel Connect agent 3kms away. Sometimes this can take up to two weeks and calling or emailing Fastway is pointless. They lie. The two local newsagents in my suburb who used to be parcel agents for Fastway refuse to have any more dealings with them.  

I now message all Australian sellers on Ebay prior to purchasing asking how they send the item.  I do not believe any listing that states the item will be sent by Australia Post. Sellers have lied and I was foolish enough to believe the listing.  If the seller responds with Fastway, Courier's Please or doesn't respond to my message they don'tr get my business.

As for sellers attempting to fob off responsibility for Fastway's abysmal service onto you to chase up kindly remind them under Australian consumer law the seller has contracted Fastway to handle delivery. you have paid your money to the seller (via Ebay) and if the item is not delivered (lost) you are entitled to a full refund from the seller.  This has only occured once with me in 2017. Fastway lost it. Seller was difficult and stopped communicating . Paypal refund was fantastic.

Message 152 of 323
Latest reply

So I’m awaiting a parcel that was marked “ postage australia post “ the date was quoted as delivery today , then eBay changed it as soon as the seller marked it as posted to next week , I’ve contacted the seller with my complaint whomhas sent me a tracking number and guess what .... it’s with Fastway .  I’m in Wollongong, the item was purchased from Sydney and my parcel is in Tamworth.   **bleep** .  Im not sure who to abuse here , the seller for lying and saying it’d be posted Auspost , EBay for allowing sellers to get away with slow postage or Fastway for sending my parcel 10 hours in the wrong direction . ( assuming the seller addressed it correctly ) 

Message 153 of 323
Latest reply

Don't even get me started on FastWay. We used to run on FastWay coupons and satchels because they were the cheapest but the amount of trouble and issues made us switch to other couriers. They just don't seem to care.

I will say that it highly depends on who the local courier driver is. We use CouriersPlease and AusPost now and our CP driver is fantastic. Shows up every day with a smile, is quick, has never lost anything over the years, etc. The only times we've ever lost something or something's been damaged by CP, it was due to the delivering driver at the other end. 

It's hard to chunk up a whole company because of a few rotten eggs, but I will say that FastWay has a disproportionatly large number of rotten eggs. And that must be a symptom of bad leadership and not caring about customer service. 

AusPost has issues too. They've definitely lost items as well but at least they are held to a higher standard. It does happen way less often than either CP or FW. 

We've started using Sendle, which is a great, simple and intuitive integration to ebay and our other shopping channels. But the problem is that they use either CouriersPlease or FastWay and you have NO way of choosing which one you get. All you get is a price, and then they choose the best courier for that size/cost option. Sometimes we get CP, sometimes FastWay, and that is a bit annoying. Having to call my old FastWay driver again has been interesting. He still comes though, albeit sometimes a day or two later than I requested...

But go to a seminar or meeting of Australian Online Retailers and they'll all tell you the same thing, the logistics infrastructure in Australia is just lacking. There are many reasons why. Australia is a big country with a small population. Hard to reach areas. Not enough distribution points for any one courier. Internal systems are old and outdated. And with all that, couriers will also tell you that they don't run on a high profit that allows them to update their systems. An overhaul would be too time-consuming and costly. Will anyone step up? I hope so but we have to be patient until then. 

Just my two cents.

Message 154 of 323
Latest reply

My recent and ongoing experience with Fastway places them at a very low satisfaction level.
I missed my delivery on Saturday and immediately logged onto their website to request an unattended delivery. Nothing came Monday, so I phoned on Tuesday...heaps of busy call attempts, but eventually got into about a 30 minute queue. I requested a depot collection by me, thinking this would be expeditious. I was told that I would be sent an SMS when my parcel was available. I tired of waiting for the SMS and went to the Port Melbourne depot hoping that it would be located. Worker tried hard, but could not locate it. I called again, same scenario, busy, busy, busy, long phone queue and a very frustrating preample of options including becoming part of Fastway...noway!!
It's Wednesday now, fast approaching the end of the day, another call and still no idea when I can collect my parcel. No Complaints number to call...hopeless!!!!
I hate Fastway!!!!!
Message 155 of 323
Latest reply

Hi there. Yes I am having problems with fastway. My parcel which is a volvo radiator over spill cap, something that could be put in a parcel and posted. Has been sitting at the Lismore fastway depot for over a week now, all because they don't deliver to where I live and the post office wont take fastway parcels. Now they could have told me this when I put in my address when purchasing on ebay but no that  didn't happen and when I rang, the attitude I got was infuriating, putting the onus on me for their inability to deliver the parcel. I will not be using fastway again not only because they wont delivery to my address but mainly because of the attitude I recieved while honestly asking where my parcel is!. 

Message 156 of 323
Latest reply

Complain to the seller and tell them you want it delivered to your address, not the depot.

Delivery is what you paid for (unless it was free delivery, of course)

Message 157 of 323
Latest reply

I must be the exception to the rule, very few issues with Fastway. Maybe one in every 100 deliveries has an issue - better than some of the other carriers I use.

Our local Fastway driver turns up twice a day rain, hail or shine to collect and always gets it back to the local depot in a timely manner. On the very rare (1 in 1000) occasion something goes missing they have always refunded me the cost of the goods. My only issue is they don't go everywhere!

Message 158 of 323
Latest reply

I think you are the exception to the rule.....a happy Fastway user!

You obviously have a great driver in your area.....treat him well as they are few and far between in that company.

Message 159 of 323
Latest reply

yes i am haveing a shyte fight with fastway at the moment i told them they are being charged with theft cause they will not deliver my parcel it was supposed to be here friday 20/07/18 and then again on tuesday 24/07/18 as they stated it will be there and gues what it wasnt and again today wensday 25/07/18 they had it as urgent delivary for today still in there  depot so now i am haveing fastway charged with stealing thats how upset **bleep** of and hurt by a couring comapny that supposed to deliver ontime sorry but i will not have this anymore through ebay cause they connot ever del as promised .. we pay our good money upfront and Cannot get the service we pay for so i am through listening to excuse after excuse 

Message 160 of 323
Latest reply