Problems with Fastway Couriers

barnett.australia.collection
Community Member
Delivery of items bought under the eBay banner is a vital part of the eBay experience for both buyer and seller – yet remains mostly out of the control of either. Is anyone else having problems with Fastway Couriers, or any other couriers? We have recently had a refusal to deliver to the designated address and the parcel was posted by the Fastway local agent only to end up at the post office who also refused to deliver requiring the receiver to go the PO, sign for the parcel and pick it up themselves. All this despite delivery being paid door to door.
Message 1 of 323
Latest reply
322 REPLIES 322

Re: Problems with Fastway Couriers

22 days for one parcel and it still has not arrived - 7 days and counting on my second parcel. Ive had it with Australian sellers - I get stuff cheaper and quicker from Hong Kong and China - and it always comes. I will avoid all ebay sellers who use fastway. 

Message 231 of 323
Latest reply

@palmbreeze7 wrote:

I will avoid all ebay sellers who use fastway. 

Good luck with finding out which sellers use Fastway.  It is very unusual for sellers to state which courier they use, even if they do say they use a courier service.

Message 232 of 323
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's easy. Before making a purchase the buyer messages the seller and asks "Do you use Fastway Couriers?"

If the answer is yes, then the buyer declines to make the purchase.

Message 233 of 323
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

That's easy. Before making a purchase the buyer messages the seller and asks "Do you use Fastway Couriers?"

Not really, because if a seller uses one of the many courier brokers (and a lot of sellers do) then they will have no idea which courier that broker is using for their parcel - and often a parcel can go through a couple of different couriers on it's journey.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 234 of 323
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

That might be so.

The reality is Fastrack Couriers is a terrible company. You just have to look at the reviews on the internet to find out how poor their service is: https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/fastway and https://au.trustpilot.com/review/www.fastway.com.au

If sellers want to use Fastrack Couriers then that is their prerogative, but I can assure them of one thing - you won't get me buying goods from you ever again.

Message 235 of 323
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting, I made a reply to the previous commment and included two external links to review sites that clearly shows Fastway Couriers has a problem with customer service. My post disappeared and I am not sure if that was because of the external links, or someone decided the content was unpalatable, or I made an error. I have instead included screenshots of reviews for Fastway Couriers:Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 11.49.23 am.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-27 at 11.49.38 am.png

I understand that a seller might not always know the courier company that is transporting the goods or making the delivery, however as the buyer I would hesitate (or avoid) making a second purchase from a seller that used Fastway Couriers. Maybe the seller has to ask some pertinent questions of their delivery company if they want repeat business.

Message 236 of 323
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

I understand that a seller might not always know the courier company that is transporting the goods or making the delivery, however as the buyer I would hesitate (or avoid) making a second purchase from a seller that used Fastway Couriers. Maybe the seller has to ask some pertinent questions of their delivery company if they want repeat business.

As I said, it's the courier broker who decides which courier they will use and they will normally use the cheapest courier for the location that the parcel is going to. So the seller will have no idea which company is going to be used until after it has been delivered/picked up by the courier broker/courier company. 

I very much doubt if it would be feasable for the seller to ask the questions you want them to, given the variety of couriers the brokers will be using for different areas, and the distinct possibilty that multiple couriers are often used for rural/remote areas.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 237 of 323
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, if I have to possibly deal with Fastway Couriers everytime I buy something on eBay then I would rather go to a bricks and mortar shop because it is less hassle.

Message 238 of 323
Latest reply

It is not difficult to avoid sellers who use couriers...it just takes a few seconds to look at the postage services offered.

However, you may be right....ebay is not for everyone but it is a lifesaver for those of us who cannot just go to the local shops whenever we feel like it.

Message 239 of 323
Latest reply

I do think that listing Fastway under Express Services is a classic oxymoron.

Message 240 of 323
Latest reply