Problems with Fastway Couriers

barnett.australia.collection
Community Member
Delivery of items bought under the eBay banner is a vital part of the eBay experience for both buyer and seller – yet remains mostly out of the control of either. Is anyone else having problems with Fastway Couriers, or any other couriers? We have recently had a refusal to deliver to the designated address and the parcel was posted by the Fastway local agent only to end up at the post office who also refused to deliver requiring the receiver to go the PO, sign for the parcel and pick it up themselves. All this despite delivery being paid door to door.
Message 1 of 323
Latest reply
322 REPLIES 322

Re: Problems with Fastway Couriers

@porcelain_dolls_by_me wrote:

I do think that listing Fastway under Express Services is a classic oxymoron.

I have to agree with that comment.Smiley Very Happy

Message 241 of 323
Latest reply

ian2758
Community Member
Obviously in some, maybe even most, cases Fastway are OK. However my current, ongoing, experience with them leaves me thinking they are incompetent and without any customer focus. Come tomorrow I will have been waiting 2 weeks for a parcel to come about 40km. Chasing it up with their customer support, who are offshore, has been frustrating to say the least. Four days ago the tracking system had it down for delivery that day (a Friday) so I stayed in all day. No surpises it didn’t arrive and the next tracking entry was that it would be delivered next day. Being the weekend I didn't think that likely - perhaps Monday, but still no show and zero action when chased up yet again with customer support.
Message 242 of 323
Latest reply

I'm gonna add to this and say I too have never had a possitive experince with fastway as far as I remember. The first time they didn't bother to knock just got out of their van and put the slip in the letter box. Saying I had to pick it up 90ks away. Umm no. So I called and asked them to leave it at the door. Next delivery date another slip. Called and they said they don't leave at the door. Despite the fact the previous call said I could and I authorised it. But that they could leave it at the post office. Next delivery day another slip in the letter box. It got to the point that I tracked down the CEOs contact details and contacted him directly then was my parcel at the doorstep the next day.

And even yesterday. I was home. No knock. Open the door the check the letter box and the slip fell down. Go to the website to follow up and it was asking for an addtional fee to get it redelivered. I tracked down the parcel that afternoon and found it got dropped off at a nswsagency the next suburb over. When I got it part of it was damaged even though it was wrapped in bubble wrap.

I messaged the seller. They were aware fastway was terrible but still stuck by their decision as it was the cheapest. I will be leaving negative feedback on the sellers page for their choice and I now actively avoid any sellers who use fastway.
Message 243 of 323
Latest reply

Someone should put an end to theis never- ending thread of complaints about Fast(slow)way

Message 244 of 323
Latest reply

Why?   It is not doing any harm.....nobody wants any help.   They are just letting off steam.

Message 245 of 323
Latest reply

We asked the mods for years to at least lock it.

They moved it to 'Selling' from the obscure board it was on instead.

Message 246 of 323
Latest reply

Very bad service company. I have problem this company many time. Never improve the services.

Message 247 of 323
Latest reply

The biggest issue with Fastway is they enter into a contract with the sender to deliver the item to a specific address even if they have absolutely no intention of ever delivering it and instead holding it at a depot for the reciever to go and pick up.

In my case that depot is 1hr/40 minutes - 80km around trip at my futher expense to myself finacially and time wasted. For context Aus Post, Toll, Startrak express all deliver to my door even in a truck.

It is tiring to have to constantly deal with sellers to ensure they do not use Fastway.

It would be benificial for everyone is Ebay had a way of allowing buyers the option of rejecting the use of certain courier companies, everyone would win.

Message 248 of 323
Latest reply

Big No if you are a business owner. Don't ever goes near to this company!!! They offer good insurance cover of $1500, only 35% you can claimed if you are not manufacturer, No cover for return parcel if it's broken. They try to make communication harder so as a business, you give up and they make money on it.

We are still fighting to claim our own money which is in our account balance, Just lodged a formal complaint to Fair Trading after 6 weeks of poor communication.

Message 249 of 323
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fastway.. You guys are sacks of **bleep**. normally i do not stoop to name calling however you guys are an exception. I will lodge a formal complaint against your company and employees with the ACCC and I will find the relative Ombudsman and be writing to them. That is just for a start. a little coverage by the TV will be in order as well.. a current affair love nothing more than to find the CEO of companies and their shady employees and stalk them. if I ever do see a representative eventually delivered a parcel they will be coping a mouthful as well. you all can go and eat a bag of dicks

Message 250 of 323
Latest reply