Problems with "search"

Hi All

Is anyone else having a problem with "search". I type in the search bar what I am looking for, they then show up on the page, and in a matter of seconds, the pictures and descriptions disappear and I can`t click on them.

Anyone else having this problem ?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Problems with "search"

Yup.

If your super quick with mouse you can manage to click on listings before it disappears.

If you are not .... Practice makes perfect lol
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Problems with "search"

ytwo000
Community Member

All good here

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Problems with "search"

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Scroll down further - they are down there,  lol

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Problems with "search"

yes, same problem when looking up my favourite searches and I specify it more.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Problems with "search"

A few days ago, I typed in 'Thomas the Tank Engine, new'.  Great, up came 4 pages of what I was looking for.  Found one that I was interested in.  Got interrupted, and so when I typed in the same search criteria later, there was about 20+ pages.  I never did find the 'right' one again.

I can't understand why, when using the same words in search, that a completely different lot, and quantity of listings come up.  And no - the rest of them weren't 'new' listings.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Problems with "search"

@5kazam wrote:

A few days ago, I typed in 'Thomas the Tank Engine, new'.  Great, up came 4 pages of what I was looking for.  Found one that I was interested in.  Got interrupted, and so when I typed in the same search criteria later, there was about 20+ pages.  I never did find the 'right' one again.

I can't understand why, when using the same words in search, that a completely different lot, and quantity of listings come up.  And no - the rest of them weren't 'new' listings.

You are probably just seeing a realtime illustration of how they hide our listings.

The sellers in your first search had "had their turn".

It could also be that your search filters were reset without you noticing.

Given you went from 4 to 20+ pages that could well be the case.

In either event, this sort of thing really cheeses buyers off.

The site is just too complicated and glitchy.

Buyers need rat cunning and a steely resolve to get search working for them rather than against.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Problems with "search"

I agree totally with what you said.

But it is not only buyers getting cheesed off - sellers are being ripped off by eBay with their listings being hidden.  

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply