Promtional Offer not applying to item when listed

In the past before ebay updated the seller hub and all that the promtion offers were automatically applied when listing items but when I just listed an item it didn't take advantage of the offer (I even took it down and relisted but neither counted).

For reference the offer is $1 selling fee on the next 5 items but despite listing an item in the applicable time period it still shows 0/5.

Any advice?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Promtional Offer not applying to item when listed

I had the same issue when I switched to Managed Payments.  I contacted eBay and they « couldn’t find » the promotion, they had deleted it from Promotions History and of course wouldn’t credit the final value fees. I now take a screen shot of the Promo and for each item that sold I had to contact eBay (via Chat) and request the credits.  

contact eBay, tell them you have a screen shot of the promo showing the dates and they will give you an email address to send the image.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Funny you mention that as the offer doesn't even show up on expired offers anymore (it ended at midnight, like 50 minutes ago) but I did take a screenshot of it and the time my item was listed.

I'm guessing it isn't worth the hassle to go through the chat until the item sells, I'll make sure to do that if it does.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

As snowbunnies mentioned - accept the offer first - then take a screen shot of the 'offer' & acceptance. 
Your offer counter (with the reduced FVF) will only start when you actually sell something.
At least that's what happened to my hubby's $1 FVF offer.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I have had the same issue as well.  Whilst the Promotion says pay $1 for the next 5 items you list and sell it actually now seems to apply to the next 5 items that sell.  This is a pain as I often hold back higher value items to sell when these promotions come up.  I have raised it a couple of times with the Help line and they have said they can see the promotion and the items I have listed and said to contact them when the item sells and they will refund.  I haven't tried yet as either the items haven't sold or I sold other high value items.  There doesn't seem to be any way to question the application of this promotion with EBay so that it works correctly.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply