Q Re: Closing An Account

I have a hopefully quick question about what happens when someone closes their account. I know that there is a waiting period before the account officially closes, but what I would like to know is when you close it yourself, does it immediately show as 'Not A Registered User', or does that appear at the end of the waiting period, once the account is officially NARU?

TIA  ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Q Re: Closing An Account

It shows as not a registerd user during shutting down procedure
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

Please tell me you are not leaving us Digi  ????

Nah, you guys aren't quite that lucky Smiley Tongue 

This question was borne from simple curiosity, which was piqued after a sequence of events I experienced recently with a member, who suddenly became NARU.

Because of the circumstances of our interaction, I wondered whether they'd deactivated the account themselves, or if eBay may have done it. (I know I'm being a bit oblique, but the issue I am having with them is ongoing, and I don't want to say anything too specific - suffice to say it's unfortunately a common tale, of a seller and false claims made by a buyer. I have their number, though ๐Ÿ˜‰ ). 

@kopes, thanks ๐Ÿ™‚ I mostly caught up on some reading, which was nice, if but a bit of a mixed bag - I bought a bunch of books based on recommendations, which is always a risk. First cab off the rank was Ready Player One. I know it has a lot of fans, but I often had to pull the book away and physically grimace at a neat idea being so poorly executed; but I should probably go find some other forum to whinge about that . Smiley LOL

Tippy, lyndal and padi - just a hint, if you ever need it, my version of the proverbial bat signal is caramel Tim Tams. If you have a plentiful supply of those, I won't ever be too far away. Smiley LOL

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

Whilst I don't know for sure I'm thinking it's immediate.
The reason I say this is because a while back I got some express satchels from a seller down on the Gold Coast.
About a month later I needed some more so I went back only to find he was no longer selling AND his ID was NARU.
But not sure whether he had closed it or there was some reason eBay had enforced the NARU.
Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

I think the Wagon Wheels are phorum junkie.
Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

I think the Wagon Wheels are phorum junkie.

Not guilty, wouldn't refuse one (or more) but it was not me who first stocked up the NC with Wagon Wheels.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

I think the Wagon Wheels were Padi's contribution to the Norti Corner, along with Tippy and Stawks.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

Padi, tippy, Lyndal, me. Probably the batthings (even though it would kill them). Sir Sales.

As long as they are the real ones.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

One of my trips in there I think I took in a home made cheesecake, plus cheese and crackers. From memory no one else got any because I got locked in there, so had no choice but to scoff the lot.

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply