Quantity listing charging same flate for any quantity

I had never done a quantity listing till now. I put an item on eBay with a quantity of 6 and flat rate postage of $10. I assumed that meant that if someone bought 2, they'd get charged $10. Then they'd contact me and ask for a postage discount.

But someone bought two and it charged them just $10 postage in total, and they paid immediately. Luckily the package only cost $10 to post, so I didn't lose money, but I don't think it would work out if someone bought 3.

Is this the way it's supposed to work? Or is there something I can change to make it charge postage per item?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

What weight did you use for them when you made the listing.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Your listing states each additional item is free postage.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

I figured they must have used calculated postage, I didn't look at the postage page. 

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

You set a flat postage rate, and as it is for a quantity listing, you then set the postage amount for each additional item.  So it would seem you chose free post for each additional item, if that was not what you meant to do, then you need to  revise the listing and reset additional postage rate.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

You set a flat postage rate, and as it is for a quantity listing, you then set the postage amount for each additional item.  So it would seem you chose free post for each additional item, if that was not what you meant to do, then you need to  revise the listing and reset additional postage rate.

I can't see where to do that. This it what I see.

Screenshot_2023-10-28-22-37-48-728.jpeg

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Change from calculated postage to flat rate, to set additional postage costs, otherwise you are at the mercy of the calculator, at the size and weight you have provided.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Just to add, as you have specified a weight of 150g per item, using calculated post you will be required to ship up to 3 items for  $10.60  and  up to 6 items for  $12.70 or thereabouts.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

Change from calculated postage to flat rate, to set additional postage costs, otherwise you are at the mercy of the calculator, at the size and weight you have provided.

I had selected ”Buyer pays flat rate postage” rather than ”Buyer pays calculated postage”. Does the fact that I entered the weight, etc, override that?

Maybe this isn't so bad, if it calculates it correctly. Confusing though. I wish there was a way to test it.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

My flat rate would show another box to add an amount for each additional item.

I mostly use calculated for items going as a parcel and set the weight for how many can fit in each parcel before going to the next size up. So for yours I would add 250grams. 

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply