Re: Does eBay 'play' with our DSRs?

For a second time I have had someone give me a less than perfect Postage Time star rating after a long weekend. The first time it happened I emailed the customer and asked her if she had been unhappy with the time it took for her parcel to reach her. She said 'no' and added that she hadn't given me a reduced rating for Postage Time.

Now again, today, the same thing has happened. Interestingly, on both occasions the buyer had purchased the item on a long weekend with Monday being a holiday.

Call me crazy but I suspect that eBay's little robot, Cassini?, goes looking for slow postage times (and other things to ding too) without taking into account dates, times, holidays or anything else. All it sees is a number of days expire between purchase and postage and WHAM!!! that's enough. Good God don't we have enough to cope with without this kind of foolishness?

What's the use of busting your b**tt to be a great seller when none of us really stand a chance with the way things are going 😞

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I don't think it applies only to when there is a long weekend involved. I am currently fighting a case where the time delay between purchase and PAYMENT was four days. I posted in less than 24 hours after receiving payment, and the buyer received her parcel the day after I posted it (same state). Still got dinged on postage time stars and copped a defect.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Ebay do not make it clear to buyers that they are suppose to be rating us on the postage time to lodge the item not when a third party decides to deliver it.
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

It happens to me too. Buyers can take forever to pay and don't receive a defect. I post the same day or the following day and still get slow postage recorded. I would like to have a button to press that says "slow to pay". We should be able to give them a defect back. It would make ebay a fairer place if the buyers had to behave too.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Went through this very same postage defect thing last week.

Day 1 - Buyer purchases

Day 2 - Buyer pays

Day 2 - eBay label printed out

Day 3 - Parcel lodged at post office

Day 5 - Buyer has parcel in hand, leaves glowing green dot but a 1 for postage time. (Buyer in Qld, me in Vic).

I kinda thought Aust Post should of had a pat on the back rather than me cop a defect.

Rang eBay C&S. Told the rep to note the payment day and look at the tracking.

Rep said defect cannot be removed, its the buyer's perception of how the deal was.

She did mention that she would pass the buyer's name onto Trust and Safety to make sure she wasn't defecting other sellers out of habit.

That didn't help me any!

While l were pushing my point across, l found the eBay defect page that mentions if tracking was used and uploaded, the dates were visable to the rep and defect would be removed if within my handling time.

Quoted the rules back to the rep, she apologised for her incorrect answer and removed the defect.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

"Does eBay 'play' with our DSRs?"

To the best of my knowledge, and based on past performance, eBay 'play' with everything

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@egglesdtp wrote:

I don't think it applies only to when there is a long weekend involved. I am currently fighting a case where the time delay between purchase and PAYMENT was four days. I posted in less than 24 hours after receiving payment, and the buyer received her parcel the day after I posted it (same state). Still got dinged on postage time stars and copped a defect.

We'll automatically remove low (1-star) DSRs for Postage time when you offer 0-1 business day handling time and upload valid postage tracking information within one business day of receiving cleared payment.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

If a buyer who purchased 3 months ago decided to leave negative feedback today, or low rating, would it effect this months dsr for me, or would it show up in July's column? If it shows up fresh, could really suck if by coincidence , a few disatisfied customers just so happened to catch up on feedback all the same weekend..

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

I had a low DSR for postage time automatically removed. I'm not entirely sure why as I could never see which transaction received the low rating, plus I have a 2-day handling time and upload tracking for a very small percentage of transactions (less than 1 in 100). My best guess is that it was based on the purchase date and when the feedback was left, and/or the average rating I receive for postage time. 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@lizzy6107 wrote:

If a buyer who purchased 3 months ago decided to leave negative feedback today, or low rating, would it effect this months dsr for me, or would it show up in July's column? If it shows up fresh, could really suck if by coincidence , a few disatisfied customers just so happened to catch up on feedback all the same weekend..

Lizzy, buyers only have a maximum of 60 days from the date of purchase in which to leave feedback so your 3 months scenario could never happen, but I believe that DSRs and any possible defects will apply from the date on which they were actually left, rather than being backdated to the date of the original sale.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply