Really upset by Ebay maintaining a crazy person's negative untrue feedback

Really upset by Ebay maintaining a crazy person's negative untrue feedback. Even, when I completly provided full refund, and absorbed all the ebay seller fees and refund fees.  

The person was clearly insane, and continously abusive but my attempts to report the buyer, and remove their feedback were rejected by Ebay moderators. I've held this account for 20 years, selling my second hand items, and this unsavoury experience has really recked my opinion of Ebay. 

I attempted to reoopen the case, but the system blocks you from doing so. If any moderator or Ebay staff are reading this, please kindly provide an option to properly investigate cases and issues, rather than auto replies and immediate autobot rejection messages. 

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

eBay do not read the boards. Moderators do, but they are not employed by eBay and only have jurisdiction over board posts.

The first neg always hurts, especially when the recipient believes it to be unfair. It would seem the buyer wasn't happy and feedback is designed explicitly for the leaver to express their opinion of the transaction.

I have no idea how true the statement is, nor do other members, or even eBay.

In the scheme of things it's a red dot on a computer screen and will disappear in less than 11 months.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Sorry, but how are they the crazy person when you listed it for 1 c?

Did you mean to list it for $1?

You need to stop listing things for $1 auction.

If you only get one bid, you'll be back here screaming about other crazies.

Start your auctions at the price you'd be happy to get, so that one bid won't upset the apple cart.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

eBay will leave negative feedback in place unless there is evidence from the buyer in messages that they agree that it has been left wrongly.  They can request for it to be removed or you can request to have it removed, as long as messages show both people in the transaction agree the feedback is wrong.  This was my experience in how it happens.

Unfortunately it sounds like the buyer is not going to change their opinion and you're stuck with it until it vanishes.  In the meantime, try your best to build up a long list of green dots and the red dot won't draw so much attention to itself.

However, your good standing record is clearly obvious and most people will understand that one red dot is just one red dot among many green dots, and you did respond to it.  I personally wouldn't have gotten personal with the "mental health" comment - it would only make matters worse.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

How is the feedback untrue? It just states that they were asked for more money, and received a refund instead of the item. Your response confirms that you asked for more money after the sale ended, and that you didn't want to send the item without getting the extra money. 

It is understandable to not want to lose money on a sale, but it is equally understandable to not want to pay more than the final price the item was listed / sold for, and many sellers have been faced with the same situation - honour the sold price, or reneg. Occasionally a buyer may have empathy for the seller's situation but they are not required to, as the mistake wasn't theirs so they have no obligation to be the one to pay for it. Both of the aforementioned options can have consequences, so it comes down to whether impact of losing $4 is greater than the impact of a neg that will stand for 12 months. Would you still be as upset as you are now if you had copped the loss? 

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I found the followup to the neg - justly given - totally offensive.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

so you listed it for 1 cent, and $10.35 postage,  and the buyer won it at that price,.

Then you try to get more money from the buyer, because you werent happy with the sale price.  It's not the buyers fault you listed it at the wrong price or incorrect postage.

You even state that you are happy to sell it for 1cent in the ad.

Sound 100% justified to me.

Your follow up feedback is actually disgusting

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

You listed it for 1c and say in your description that you are happy to sell it for 1c.

I'm confused at to what the actual problem is.

Since it was your intention to auction it, you should have started it at a minimum price you'd be willing to accept so that if there was only one buyer, you would still get what you wanted.

1c auctions are a thing of the past and I would take that out of the description.

If you intend to relist it, I suggest you do it it as mentioned above, or sell it as a Buy It Now item with Immediate Payment activated.

Also, make sure the postage cost reflects the true cost of sending the item as you cannot ask for anything more once the item is sold and you realise that you've underquoted. The buyer doesn't care what it costs you to send it, they only care what they have to pay for it.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

OP, I stand by my previous post, asking just who the crazy person is.

That follow up feedback confirms the buyer was in the right IMO    - just awful comments by you.

The buyer could report this feedback.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply