Recent changes to automatic relisting

For years now I have had the option of automatically relisting a CD or LP if it did not sell the first time. I simply clicked a box. This option vanished this month. I assumed from what I read that 8 free relisting were now automatic and, rather than opt in, one had to opt out. I have just discovered that 100+ of my listings have not been relisted. Is there some procedure of which I am not aware? eBay did not advise of any changes.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Relisting items | eBay

have a look here to see if there's a problem....if you still can't find anything....go to HELP at top/bottom of page and request a 'live chat'....good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Relisting items | eBay

have a look here to see if there's a problem....if you still can't find anything....go to HELP at top/bottom of page and request a 'live chat'....good luck!

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks, I'll try that. As a matter of interest, eBay normallt sends me emails to tell me when items have been relisted or when they need to be relisted. This time they didn't and I only discovered that my large number of listings had ended was when I happened to look at my active listings and found that I didn't have any!

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

that's very strange - something's not right...I still get the 8 free re-lists & emails

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

A week ago I relisted 98 items using the bulk relister option, as auctions. When I got home from work tonight and checked my emails, I had 3 saying item sold, the rest were "your item has been relisted". There was nothing in the bulk relister to opt for relist 8 times for free. So, it must be automatic regardless of how you relist.

Sometimes if you relist each item manually, the relist box may not be there. Revise in a day or 2, and chances are it will have returned. If it doesn't, I have found it's there if you revise the listing in the app. Otherwise, clear out cookies and cache (using the for all time option) and see how that goes.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I will try clearing the cookies as you suggest. 

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

No, clearing cookies did not work. I will see if I can contact a human being at eBay.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Two weeks later...

I assumed that I no longer would be allowed up to 8 free relistings and selected Relist Until Sold. A couple of days later the 8 free relistings option returned (again without warning). I cancelled the automatic Relist Until Sold rule. For a week or so the 8 free relistings was there, however this morning I found that it had vanished again.  I am now uncertain as to whether the 100+ items I scheduled will be relisted eight times or not. I am not keen on having to relist them manually once a week. For practical reasons I don't want to have all my items relisted forever. I have two questions:

1.  Are all items automatically relisted 8 times (free)?

2. If I am forced to relist them automatically until they are sold will all the relistings be free?

Incidentally, I have two ebay accounts and they both have the same problem.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Further to my latest posting, I found the following information on eBay:

Auction-style listings

If you select the auto-relist option (if available) when you create your listing:

• Auctions with a duration of 5 days or more will be automatically relisted up to 8 times.
  • Auctions with a duration of 1 or 3 days will be automatically relisted up to 8 times as a 7-day listing if your item doesn't sell. We'll send you an email each time we relist it.

Automatic relisting is available for most categories, but there are some exclusions (see below). If your item doesn't sell after 8 relists, it will appear in your unsold items.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Relisting in bulk is easy. Tick the box at the top of the unsold items, so all items are ticked. Then select relist. On the next page, click submit and they are all instantly relisted. 

If you are using the app, then as far as I know, the bulk relist option isn't available.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply