Refunding a buyer who claimed not receiving an item.

I have an unusual proble. A buyer in the U.S bought a CD fro me for $40 and asked me to send it to an address he nominated in Australia. I posted it as a small parcel with tracking. He later claimed he had not received it  but PayPal ruled in my favour as Australia Post tracking showed that it had been delivered.  I checked with Australia Post and when they finally got back to me they informed me that it had not, in fact, been delivered and was being treated as lost in transit. They subsequently paid me $40 plus postage. This means that the buyer has lost his $40 (which is in my bank account) whilst I have his original $40 plus the $40 paid to me by Australia Post. I would like to refund him the $40 but can't see anyway of doing it via eBay. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ask the buyer for their Paypal address and refund through that.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Ask the buyer for their Paypal address and refund through that.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

I have done this a couple of times when I received an item after being refunded and eBay never blocked our messages in spite of exchanging email addresses, like the bots understood what happened, but if you want to be sure ask the buyer to attach his email address as an image.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply