Refused Deivery

Hi All,

First post to the boards but a funny first one for me...

FACTS: Buyer purchased printer via buy it now... I checked postcode/suburb ok for my courier (regional TAS) sent off printer within 24 hrs... uploaded tracking etc... after 4 days (it takes 5+ to this location from mine) buyer puts in tracking number into Aust Post... not the courier that I used then sends me panicky message about AP having no details.

I send calming message about correct courier and look into it and enquire with courier... buyer has given sort of dodgy address her real address which local courier is well aware of is way outside of regualr run... but he says I will deliver when I'm near there in a couple of days. but she can pick up any time from Lanceston depot ...  I communicate this buyer, all sorts of nasty emails about being a crook, non legit, etc not reputable come to my general email... not via eBay messaging,

Then she opens dispute... and sends me email... not via PayPal or eBay that she will refuse delivery and wants refund... OK I can offer refund just send printer back to me you pay return courier... 4 days now (excepting xmas break) still refusinf delivery from my courier.

now she has made a claim with PayPal for not received... I have provided tracking / details about refusing... should I be worried?

Cheers

John

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Refused Deivery

tstore
Community Member
PS if under review in PayPal, it means it has already been escalated.

You should call PayPal now who will be able to close the dispute in your favour right away and unfreeze the funds. That way you can clear your mind for tonight. If buyer leaves negative feedback we can provide some recommendations for removal depending what it says. Good luck

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Refused Deivery

@belmont-ink-toner wrote:

should I be worried?

No, in fact the buyer's actions are likely to backfire on them.

In Australia, a buyer is not eligible for Buyer Protection if the seller provides proof of postage (I presume you have this with the courier service you used). Delivery / receipt is irrelevant, so if they refuse delivery it's quite likely they will lose the dispute and have no item.

Obviously, if you receive the item back, I would recommend refunding the buyer their payment, but less all costs incurred to send it etc (that would be eBay, PayPal and courier costs). 

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Refused Deivery

If you have provided the tracking number to Paypal you should be OK but it may be worth calling them in a couple of days and telling them what this buyer has said threy are going to do. If Paypal for some strange reason find in the buyer's favour come back here and we can tell you how to proceed.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Refused Deivery

Hi

That is what I would have thought? I have sent full tracking details and have copies of emails from courier depot asking what to do with item as it has been refused... I'm happy to refund once I receive back but PayPal have escalated to a 'review' maybe that's normal??? Just new to PayPal disputes lol... thanks for advice

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Refused Deivery

tdom1990
Community Member

Just fyi, though it may not apply in this case, couriers do not always deliver to all addresses within a postcode/ suburb even if they assure sellers they do.

While courier companies say they deliver to my postcode/suburb not one has ever attempted delivery. Instead they deliver to a post office within my postcode/suburb and I have to drive 50kms to collect. 

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Refused Deivery

It sounds like the dispute may have been escalated to a claim - the initial dispute is more to try and open up a means of communication between buyer and seller, where they can hopefully resolve the matter amicably, but if escalated to a claim, neither party can communicate via the dispute and PayPal will make the decision based on all the evidence provided by both parties.

As PJ says, the outcome is never quite set in stone; occasionally PayPal need to be reminded of the different policies in place here, but if all does go according to Australian policies, I'm guessing the buyer is probably going to get a rude shock.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Refused Deivery

tstore
Community Member
If item is refused or even if buyer gives incorrect address and item is returned to seller, buyer will with certainty lose the PayPal dispute. All you need to do if under review is give PayPal a call now and they will be able to view the tracking details and close dispute whilst you are on the phone. Even if item has not yet reached the recipient yet (either because in transit, RTS or refused) PayPal will be able to find in your favour. Have done this before with no issues, but may depend on who you are speaking with at PayPal.

If buyer than attempts to do a bank chargeback you will have all the proof you need to be covered under Seller Protection and will not be out of pocket (except $15 charge by PayPal which you can call and ask to do a one-off waiver of this fee)
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Refused Deivery

Hi

All good info thanks for all your answers... in one of her emails she says "maybe I should have trusted a seller who would use Aust Post" I couldn't have made it clearer in  my listing... As to AP I have actually enquired with them but my printers... which I normally use a partner to supply... exceed AP "cubic girth" and they won't accept...

Also my courier asks for suburb as well as postacode and have been great so far... 

Maybe it's a case of every now and then you get 'expletive' LOL

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Refused Deivery

tstore
Community Member
PS if under review in PayPal, it means it has already been escalated.

You should call PayPal now who will be able to close the dispute in your favour right away and unfreeze the funds. That way you can clear your mind for tonight. If buyer leaves negative feedback we can provide some recommendations for removal depending what it says. Good luck
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Refused Deivery

BLOODY AWESOME !!! Thanks for your advice, just rang PayPal the guy I spoke to to said absolutely no problems and closed the case in my favor... and wished me a happy new year... as I do you all... 🙂

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply