Registered Post Letter Speed?

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if registered post letters travel at the same speed as normal letters? I thought they would but I just checked the last one I sent and it was delivered in 5 business days from NSW to NSW. So I'm just curious whether this is a one off or if the service is usually a bit slower.

Thank you 🙂

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Registered Post Letter Speed?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It is supposedly the same speed as ordinary mail but long experience has taught me that it is usually slower.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the mail deliveries now that AP is sorting their paid for fast services from ordinary mail.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It is supposedly the same speed as ordinary mail but long experience has taught me that it is usually slower.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the mail deliveries now that AP is sorting their paid for fast services from ordinary mail.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Ah thank you 🙂 Interesting to hear that. I also wonder what the mail system will be like with the new fast letter speeds.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

The new "fast" mail system will be about 3 times slower than it is now, with normal mail to take a week in order to get from one suburb to the next five minutes away. Even public transport is better than Australia Post these days, at least trains run on public holidays (some buses are still stuck in the dark ages though).
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply