Regsitered parcel with parcel locker/... is registering necessary?

i have a customer who has bought an item that includes registered in postage cost.. Parcel is going to parcel locker... obviously she wont be signing for it there.. will it be ignored and sent to locker, so no point registering it, or will it be carded and sent to PO... perhaps I should not register it.. just insure ..??

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Regsitered parcel with parcel locker/... is registering necessary?

@lyndal1838 wrote:

The last I heard the premium was something like $16 per parcel and to the best of my knowledge no courier companies are willing to pay this amount.  

I don't blame them, my guess is that a lot of the time AP wouldn't even get that for delivering these parcels across the country, so unless I'm missing something, I can't see much justification for charging that amount just to let someone place a package in a space they own / operate. 

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

I quite agree Digi but AP is not going to give up it's monopoly without a fight.

It was hailed as a breakthorough when AP agreed to allow couriers to drop at a PO until the surcharge was announced...as I said, no companies are going to take it up as they would loose too much business if they were to pass it on to their customers and they are certainly not going to absorb it.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Further information Digi....any parcel delivered to a Parcel Locker cannot be signed for and is left with an Authority to Leave.

If the parcel has an ATL it is just scanned and left.  If there is no ATL on the parcel the driver has a little credit card like device which is scanned and it enters an ATL.

Parcels delivered to a PO Box have to be signed for....the driver gets a signature from the PO staff and the parcel is then carded in the box for the recipient to collect and sign for.

At the moment we are not sure if this applies to Mail Call or not.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply