Reluctant buyer finally paid but now complaining about purchase.

ann0435
Community Member

I posted on here a couple of weeks ago about my high bidder who "forgot" that he bid on the item....a camera lens about twenty five years old and in remarkably good condition for it's age.  After a couple of reminders the bidder  asked for some extra days to pay, then asked for a discount. He did pay but now says there are two small scratches on the lens and he hopes that it will be all right, he will try it out and see! Should I just offer a refund or a discount....I had a feeling that he would not be happy. 

I am not a big seller, just retired and trying to sell items that I know I won't use. The really irritating thing is that there was another bidder.

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Reluctant buyer finally paid but now complaining about purchase.

hi, heres to no more problems with the lens.

good luck in the future.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: Reluctant buyer finally paid but now complaining about purchase.

@ann0435 wrote:

Thanks for the helpful comments. Still no word from buyer re whether he wants refund on the lens and he has had it for some time now. I have sold all my other items with no hassles so that's it for me as an E Bay seller for now. I found it all a bit stressful but did get to know the Post office staff.

Good luck everyone, Regards Ann

To make claims about scratches but not send pictures or even a courtesy update just strikes me as odd, they have had days (how long?) to 'test' the lens out...

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply